My virgin 360 remote will not pair with my samsung qe55

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Foggy3

Is the TV the QE55Q60R QLED model?

If so try entering Q60R as the device and if that fails try OLED instead.

You can also try the key testing method, Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

It sometimes helps if you try new batteries in the remote.

Also try resetting the remote - Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Also try the following:-  Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Foggy3

Is the TV the QE55Q60R QLED model?

If so try entering Q60R as the device and if that fails try OLED instead.

You can also try the key testing method, Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

It sometimes helps if you try new batteries in the remote.

Also try resetting the remote - Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Also try the following:-  Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Foggy3.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community. 

Can I just ask if you have been able to follow the great advice above from @newapollo 

As we haven't hear back from you since Thursday, hopefully it's now been resolved.

Gareth_L

Foggy3
Joining in

Thanks for your help it's all sorted Thanks Foggy3