cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls from anyone on the Vodafone network

Steviemar
Tuning in

Hello, I joined Virgin Mobile a few months ago. I ported my number in from the Vodafone network. I have discovered that I can't receive calls from anyone on Vodafone. When they dial my number it comes up as unobtainable. They can send me texts only. Would anyone know what this problem is?

Many Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Steviemar,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with receiving calls from people on the Vodafone network. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to confirm, does this occur with multiple Vodafone devices? Does the issue persist with devices? Have you also tried resetting your mobile network settings to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply. 
It just seems to be from people on the Vodafone network. They can text and I can reply, they can’t call me but I can call them. 

Thank you for your response @Steviemar.

Please try the following link https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/ to identify what phone you have and reset your network settings to see if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you, I’ve done as you said and tried it before but it doesn’t work. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to confirm so we have an idea - do you know how many different numbers from Vodafone that you know of this happens with? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hello, 

I don't know the exact number but it's all my contacts that are using Vodafone. I became aware a few weeks ago that people were saying they couldn't get through to me. I've now found that all these contacts have been using the Vodafone network. I can send and receive texts from them and I can call them. They just cant call me, they say it says unobtainable.  

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Stevie,

Did you get a resolution to this as I seem to have the same issue today?

M

Hi @Sappercaptain1 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your mobile.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your service. We're currently aware of an issue affecting incoming calls and our teams are investigating and will provide an update as soon as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team