cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline cuts out receiving Mobile calls

Deekyd
Joining in

My mum is a Virgin customer and when she receives calls on her landline from a mobile, the initial call lasts c.30 seconds, I have to call back and the second call lasts around the same but the 3rd call works fine and we can have a long conversation.  I am on Vodafone.  It is the same issue when my brother calls her from his mobile (different network).  She has no issues receiving calls from other landlines.  Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deekyd, 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your mum's Virgin landline. We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to best help. How long has this issue been ongoing? Can you let me know if she is connected by wall connection or hub connection for her landline? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Deekyd
Joining in

It’s via the hub but her landline goes into a wall connection downstairs and that cable runs outside and up the wall to the hub in a room upstairs (if that makes sense?)

In this case, I have sent you a private message to look into this. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We're experiencing very similar symptoms for the last couple of days.

Including when I connect a featureless wired phone.

Also some test calls I make to the landline from my mobile, I hear a ringing tone but the landline doesn't ring, then it goes to a VM voicemail service I didn't know we had.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RDF,
I am sorry to hear you are having similar issues with this we would advise if you could do your own thread so we can best help you.
On there can you let us know if your phone is connected via the wall or the hub and if you have tried a different landline handset? 
Thanks,
Zoie

RDF
Superfast

Hi Zoie_P

I'll get back on it on Monday, getting a second test phone organised this weekend. 

Ta.

Thank you for that. We will await to hear from you then.

^Martin