cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Switch to Fibre Network - *No Adaptor Received*

WideScience
Tuning in

Hi Virgin

You've sent me various mails about the switch-over to fibre-optic connection for my landline - and the switch date was 08/01/24, but I haven't received the necessary adapter.

Could you please clarify when I should expect to receive it, since I am without a landline as a result and my mobile signal is intermittent at best. Please update me/send as a matter of urgency.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apologies you were unaware @WideScience 

As it stands, with immediate effect, there is a pause on all Digital Voice Switchover (DVSOT) migrations until further notice. This means that we will not be conducting any migration-related activities unless instructed otherwise. This announcement has also impacted other telecommunications providers and doesn’t just affect Virgin Media O2.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The switchover is currently paused, so don’t expect it soon. You will possibly get ab email with a new date sometime. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @WideScience 👋

Welcome back t our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

As Tudor has rightly advised, we've currently paused switchovers so you will get notified with a new date for the migration and the adapter will be sent accordingly. 

If you encounter any other issues, let us know.

Have a lovely weekend! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks very much, but given how many mails I received from Virgin informing me that this was going to happen - some months ago - wouldn't it have been a courtesy to let customers know that this was now been paused?

Apologies you were unaware @WideScience 

As it stands, with immediate effect, there is a pause on all Digital Voice Switchover (DVSOT) migrations until further notice. This means that we will not be conducting any migration-related activities unless instructed otherwise. This announcement has also impacted other telecommunications providers and doesn’t just affect Virgin Media O2.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team