cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated to O2 - Bill Overdue

cfaice
Joining in

Morning,
I was moved to O2 on 6th August; the bill received from Virgin to cover period 7th August - 6th September was for the full package including mobile.
The move to O2 appeared to have happened on the 6th without issue, but yesterday (24th August), I received a welcome email from O2 and an overdue payment invoice. No other contact has been made by O2. I've "guessed" the username to log into O2 and found the invoice dated 8th August, with payment set to "cheque", not "direct debit".
I've made payment by card online to satisfy the bill, but while their website states it will update within 30 minutes to reflect the payment, nearly 24 hours later I’m still showing overdue.
Back to the beginning sentence, my most recent bill for period September-October includes both a reduction in price reflecting the mobile migration, plus a credit for last months mobile charge. A total mess?!

Two questions:
1. has anyone experienced similar?
2. The package I originally signed up to with virgin many years ago was the ultimate oomph; I'm 14 months into an 18-month contract renewal where I had negotiated and upgraded to 1gb broadband (without the volt). Can I simply go ahead and close my O2 account by means of PAC, without impact of my virgin services?

TIA

20 REPLIES 20

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cfaice 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with billing since your migration. 

We can understand the confusion caused and we want to best help. We would advise checking your VM account or your O2 account to see if you have recently been enrolled in Volt benefits. If so if you cancel your O2 sim, you would lose your benefits. Also, if you are looking to discuss billing on your O2 account, please contact O2 as seen here https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus who can best help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Similar experiance for me. No had a single page of paperwork from O2. I could only get onto the MyO2 after getting the late payment email as only then did I have my O2 account number. Up until then I couldn't even view the bill.

Not sure without lookin again if the monthly cost doubles after six months. I only moved over to Virgin Mobile as part of the Ultimate Oomph package. I've got to compare the O2 with other operators to see if there's any better deals out there.

Even though the Direct Debit details apparently went over automatically I have my doubts that it did, I would have expected the first bill payment to have been done by Direct Debit if the Direct Debit detail had gone through automatically

Hi SpacePhoenix,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there seems to be an issues with your payment method since going over to O2 from your old Oomph package.

As the previous package was part of your media plan and no payment was taken it is possible there wasn't an active Direct Debit so may be the reason this happened, you can now make sure this is all set up Via My O2.

Regards

Paul.

cfaice
Joining in

I’ve never had a great experience with O2 customer service, and it was somewhat of a battle yesterday. I did state I had been migrated from Virgin, they ignored that and said I had taken out a new contract, and went on to state the first bill is never paid for by direct debit.  That sounds incorrect regardless of being a new contract or migration.  The customer service rep refused to setup a direct debit until the overdue bill was paid for manually (which I had submitted a CC payment for on Wednesday).  I requested an escalation to a manager, linking to the T&C/FAQ for Virgin migrations where it clearly states direct debits are setup automatically, at which point the agent was happy to setup a direct debit.

I shall wait for the payment to clear and see if the late fee is applied, and keep an eye on my credit file for any missed payment marker.  Regardless, I shall follow this up with a complaint and I will terminate the O2 contract.

Hi cfaice,

We are unable to access O2 accounts however I can advise if there wasn't a Direct Debit on a Virgin Mobile account we couldn't set it up while there was a balance on the account, a manual payment would be needed before this can be set up.

Regards

Paul.

Not the case for me; a direct debit was in place for Virgin Mobile.

I can only apologise, as we cannot check this it isn't something I am able to confirm, I would advise calling to clear the balance then set up the Direct Debit moving forward.
regards

Paul.

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Can anyone from Virgin confirm what paperwork we should have received from O2 when the transfer too place? I know that they should have sent the details that we need to log into the MyO2 (which they seem to fail to do).

Good morning @SpacePhoenix 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please make your own thread in the future 🙂

All information should be sent to you via SMS/email, have you checked your spam folders in case it's accidently gone in there?

Please contact the team via 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus if needing further help with the online log in 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill