cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notification But No Voicemail!

zoebooth
Tuning in

Not sure if this is a Virgin issue or iPhone issue but I keep getting push notifications saying I have a new voicemail but I don’t. The red dot notification is also on the phone icon but that doesn’t bother me, it’s just the actual notification that’s annoying me.

I noticed it after updating to ios 14.1, so don’t know if that anything to do with it but I’ve tried searching for solutions and had no luck. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rebxo
Joining in

I’ve had this issue for a while but today got rid of the notification by dialling your voicemail. Option 3 for settings and features and then option 2 to manage message alerts. I then turned this on & off by pressing option 1. 

notifications disappeared. 

Hope this helps some one 🙂 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Zoebooth.

Have you been able to locate the voicemail or remove the notification since your post?

Thanks, Emily.

Georgiaaa
Joining in

I also have this problem. I have been getting new voicemail notification none stop. However, when I go onto my voicemail I have no new messages. This has only started to happen since updating my iPhone.

Hi, no still no voicemail.. when I ring it says ‘no new messages’ and there’s no old ones there either that I could delete and see if that’s the problem

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Georgiaaa and @zoebooth

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the voicemail notification not clearing. Please can you try the following: 

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Notifications > scroll down and tap Phone turn off Badges and wait about a minute and then turn it back on. Then, go to Settings > Notifications > Phone and turn off Badges. Then, restart your iPhone and go to Settings > Notifications > Phone and turn Badges on. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have this problem too and it is very annoying! I have tried what you suggested and I wind up with the same - a red 1 showing I have a message and a pop up message. When I call voicemail it tells me I have no messages and then I can't hang up!

I'd be grateful for further advice

Cheers

Malcolm

is there really no fix for this?

My Samsung J6 has this issue, so I put the SIM into a factory reset J5, and it shows the same thing.

Called voicemail and there are no new messages and no saved messages.

Please Virgin Mobile, get a grip on this

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post, have you been able to find a fix since your post? 

Are you able to reinsert the SIM card and reboot the handset? 

Thanks, Emily.

Rebxo
Joining in

I’ve had this issue for a while but today got rid of the notification by dialling your voicemail. Option 3 for settings and features and then option 2 to manage message alerts. I then turned this on & off by pressing option 1. 

notifications disappeared. 

Hope this helps some one 🙂 

Thank you. This done the trick for me for issue on a iPhone 12 😊