cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost original Virgin Mobile SIM card

Allan_dl
Joining in

Hey team,

It's my first ever post here and I was hoping someone can help me. When I got my phone I did so because I needed the phone only, I never actually used the SIM card, so I left it in the cupboard. Then, last year Virgin Mobile and O2 merged and by that time I moved houses and only realised I lost my original SIM card once I had to create my Virgin Media O2 ID from my email. I can't get past through the screen where O2 sends me a 6-digit code because I don't have the SIM card anymore. When I check with O2 they keep sending me back to Virgin because I'm originally a Virgin Mobile costumer. I just need to check my account because I started my contract in 2022 and I want to make sure I give proper notice so as not to rollover.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Allan_dl Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your Virgin Mobile SIM card. 😢
Unfortunately we don't use the Virgin Mobile SIM cards no more as they have now migrated over to O2.

Did you have a phone contract with us or just the Virgin Mobile SIM card?

Let us know and we can go on from there. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Allan_dl
Joining in

Thanks for replying! I thought that would be the case.

Yes, I have a phone contract with you, I'm paying for both a phone contract and a Virgin Mobile SIM card. I have the phone number and all the details on my emails. Let me know if there is any info I need to give in order to move this forward and I'll gladly do so.

Thanks,

Allan

Hi @Allan_dl 

Thanks for posting. Are you trying to give notice on the SIM element? If so this would be to O2 you'd need to give this too.

In relation to the Handset loan agreement, this would just stop on the last payment made (when the term of the loan ends).

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hey,

Thank you for your reply, that makes sense. I need a SIM replacement, so I will contact the O2 team.

If the handset loan payment ends when the term of the loan ends, then there’s nothing left for me to do, so thank you for clarifying! You can mark this post as solved.

Thanks,

Allan

You're welcome @Allan_dl 

Glad we were able to answer you're questions today. O2 will be able to assist further with this.  

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley