cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historic account

NParkes93
Joining in

I have two closed sim accounts with Virgin from 2017 (6 years ago). 
I want to clear these accounts. 
When I call up, I specifically ask for collections and get passed back and forth to everyone and their brother..except for collections. By the time I get through to collections, I get told they closed at 1800hrs despite the website saying they are open until 2000hrs. 

I want to set up a direct debit because I can’t pay in full at this time and I don’t want to spend 3 hours at a time on the phone getting through to who I need to speak to but they tell me I’m not allowed to as it’s a closed account and I have to make a manual payment each time over the phone. Which isn’t feasible  especially when I work 12 hours a day so I don’t have that time to spare. I’m not happy to do this because of the reason above. I queried a standing order… the operatives on the phone had no idea what this was. 

I would like either direct debit or standing order set up… or both accounts to be sent to debt collectors as they are a lot easier to deal with!!! 

please advise further! 

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NParkes93, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the experience you've had here. Unfortunately as far as I am aware there isn't an option available to pay by direct debit or standing order with a closed account, I apologise for this. The collections team are open from 08:00AM - 18:00PM Monday to Friday and 09:00AM - 18:00PM Saturdays. 

There isn't a direct number to the collections team - but you are able to reach them by calling: 0345 600 0789.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Are you able to get both accounts sent to debt collection for me please? These last two days have been horrendous on the phone and I really don’t want to call again as it’s taking up far too much of my time with no outcome 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Unfortunately it isn't something we're able to do from here - it's not a process we're privy to, I really apologise. 

The collections team is best placed for this as they have a different level of access and the required tools/knowledge. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Do you have a direct number for collections please? I have called the one above several times over the past few days and I am met with the most unhelpful people who tell me they are transferring me to collections but I end up in a different department completely 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, as mentioned above unfortunately there isn't a direct number to the mobile collections team. I can totally appreciate any frustration caused by this - but the number above would be the correct number to call. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.