cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data very slow disappointment

Nathan18
Joining in

I have had to now pay for a extra sim halfway through my contract with EE because the service with o2 is awful . Data speed test 0.52mps on O2/  EE 15.2mps

i only took the contract with virgin for 2 x mobile phones with the grounds they use the EE network this is what i was sold and assured with at the time. Weekend just gone i was in a city center trying to find my parked car on maps the data would not even work the phone was useless shocking . Very disappointed also that customers have not been made aware of the network provider switch i cannot wait till the contact has ended in full. Never again with Virgin 

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nathan18, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your data. 

Is it an O2 SIM that you have? Also, are you experiencing the issues in any particular area or all over please? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Lester61
Tuning in

I have the same issue, EE was faster than the Wi-Fi, now with O2 the data is practically non existent.

Unfortunately being tied to a contract means I’m stuck with it for now.

Hi Lester61

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Have you tried a manual network search on the handset?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regretfully the O2 network is oversubscribed in many areas, particularly those with high usage like cities and figures like this are becoming more common.

I have both O2 and Vodafone running side by side on my phone (the O2 one is business) so I get a good picture of the problem

Depending on your contract you may be able to end the airtime portion and just carry on paying for the handset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@enlli wrote:

Regretfully the O2 network is oversubscribed in many areas, particularly those with high usage like cities and figures like this are becoming more common.

It's also a lack of spectrum deployment. While operators such as EE (and to a lesser extent VF) have been very active in capacity deployments - which in extremely simple terms adds extra bandwidth on existing coverage - O2 have been less so for a while.

Many people equate this with 5G rollout, but the 4G network has plenty of life (and capacity) in it yet. 5G is also being rolled out alongside 4G capacity adds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks