cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Desktop Player Error

woodsey1982
Tuning in

Hi, I'm a Sky Sports subscriber trying to watch on my PC. The Virgin TV Go app directs me to Sky Sports' own player but it keeps giving me the error message "We are really sorry but something went wrong. Please try connecting again. Error Code: VGC-4277600257:4277600257" when trying to watch live channels.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times and cannot get live TV through Sky Sports at all.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi woodsey1982 

On your Windows 7 do you have any the snipping/screenshot capture tools  which can copy or record the screen running? If so close them and try again.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, thanks for the reply - I’m not aware of any “snipping” tools running - I’ve tried Chrome and Edge but both take you to the Sky standalone desktop app anyway and that’s where the error generates.

News videos are ok, it’s just the live tv on sky sports that is giving me problems.

Quick update - ran powershell as an admin and removed Microsoft ScreenSketch which seems to have solved the problem (for now).