cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go on my iPhone

mazeaston
Joining in

Hi.  I am new to Virgin TV (and starting to regret it...........)  Anyway, my question is, I am in my office at home so have no TV but thought i'd be able to watch Virgin TV GO.  I've gone into the app but it is saying "TB box could not be reached" what do I need to do and what if I was not at home, could I not watch TV GO on a train or something.  Sky GO was so easy to use 

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mazeaston

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some trouble with Virgin TV Go. Do you have the latest version of the app installed? Have you registered the device you were using?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi. I only installed the app yesterday and how do I know if I’ve registered my iPhone?? 

Hi mazeaston, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. You can manage the devices you have registered within the TV Go app itself. Just select the settings cog and then device management. 

In terms of watching things via TV Go, when selecting a live channel, does this play without any issues? If so, can you let us know what you're trying to watch when you're getting the error message?

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath. It’s a recorded program I’m trying to watch 

IMG_7940.png

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mazeaston wrote:

Hi Kath. It’s a recorded program I’m trying to watch 

IMG_7940.png

You can only view recordings from your box from within your own home WiFi network, not through any external connection such as a mobile network. Some can be downloaded for viewing outside the home. Only the live TV channels can be viewed externally on TV Go.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @mazeaston, thank you for your response.

The response provided by @nodrogd clarifies the cause of the issue, but if you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel