cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sign into to GO app. Sub-accounts cannot sign in.

oliverb
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I have recently changed my email on my virgin media main account but now I cannot sign into my GO app and it states "sub-accounts cannot sign in".

I can still currently login to my main virgin media account on the web but the mobile GO app throws this error.

Can you help?

Billy

10 REPLIES 10

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello oliverb.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues when you try to sign into TVGO. 

Can you please try uninstalling it, the re add and see if that lets you sign in okay with your new email address?

Gareth_L

oliverb
On our wavelength

Just tried this and this fails with same error

Hi @oliverb,

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you able to double-check and ensure that you're using the primary login email to sign in and not the details of a sub account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

oliverb
On our wavelength

I am using the email address listed as my email address on my Virgin media account, I can login using that email account via the web but failed when using for the GO app, what other way should I double check?

Hey @oliverb,

Just because its the email listed on your Virgin Media account does not mean its the primary email, when you are logging into your MY VM account, do you use a different email at all? 

Joe

oliverb
On our wavelength

How do I find out what my primary email address is if not the one listed on my VM account page?

Sorry for the confusion @oliverb 

The primary email is the one used to log into My Virgin Media. 

Ok, so the primary virgin media emaill address gives me the error about not able to use sub-domain account email address when attempting to log into the GO app.

Can you help?

[Background] - My previous primary email address, before I changed it, was a @ntlworld address (which worked fine) but I recently changed this to my usual email address which is a @gmail.com address and this logs into my VM account on the virgin media website fine but fails when attempting to login the GO app. I tried to revert back to my @ntlworld address on the virgin media account page, on the website, but it states I cannot use a @ntlworld address anymore. I do have a few @ntlworld addresses (for email) but they fail when attempting to log into the GO app as well, stating wrong email/password. which would be correct as the GO app is expecting my primary virgin media email account.

Hi oliverb,

Thank you for the additional information. I'll drop you a private message now so I can look into this for you in more depth.

Thanks

Beth