cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t download on virgin go app (Under Investigation)

Prkendrick1
On our wavelength

I have been trying to download movies to watch offline on the Go app but just get a message saying download’s temporarily unavailable. 

I have been trying for several days on both my iPad and iPhone. 

I can steam fine and broadband is working fine so appears an issue with the app. 

145 REPLIES 145

splitscreenvan
Tuning in

I’ll add my voice of complaint to this, doesn’t work now and has never worked for me. To be honest I’ve all but given up with Virgin’s service, I’ll be going back to Sky when my contract expires in November. 

Latest version of iOS, latest version of the TV Go app (checked before posting this) and tried on multiple devices. Streaming works fine. 

It really is ridiculous that this issue has affected so many (I assume many more who don’t bother to post) yet Virgin Media can’t issue a fix.

Jonathan_J
Tuning in

Do we have any idea when this will be fixed?

I have just moved from Sky to Virgin, and cannot believe this basic functionality has not been working since April.

Surely the issue should continue to be escalated until it reaches the department who can fix this in hours, not months?

I too will be reverting to Sky unless this is resolved imminently.

Hey Jonathan_J, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately not every program / series can be downloaded offline this would be down to the licensing / production company.

What type of program are you struggling to download? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply.  As with the others on this post, it’s literally any program.  I can’t download anything.

Okay, please can you give us some examples is it ITV, BBC programs etc? 

I know most of them what you to download it from there hub and not us, most Sky ones are also protected by licencing. 

Does it play the programs or does that give you an error? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

I’ve tried many different programs from many different channels.  They all give me the message ‘Unable to download item’.  The same issue as everyone else has reported in this thread.

I should be able to download a film from Sky Cinema for example.  That should not be protected by any licensing.

Films from Sky would be be protected from licensing as they pay the film studio such as Disney for example to play the film.

A film studio would not allow you to download the film at all as it could be copied etc. Films are probably the most protected. 

Unfortunately as mentioned we have no control over licensing and it would be down to the studio or production company if they allow it to be downloaded. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Can you give me an example of a program I should be able to download so I can see if that works.

As stated, I’ve tried many different programs on many different channels (as have other people on this thread) and nothing is working.

There is clearly an issue.

I couldn't unfortunately every single program is difference.

As mentioned we aren't aware of an issue but when it comes to licensing we can't do to much.

Laws change a lot especially with all the big  streaming platforms they want you to download it from there and not a 3rd party app. 

Also the strikes over in America it could have something to do that whilst they are on strike, the production companies pulling this for the time being over the dispute with studios and creators. cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

You say “we aren’t aware of an issue”.

Have you read the comments in this thread?

Can you try downloading a program yourself.  If this works, please could you let me know which program it was so I can try.