cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix won’t load

Shughes1990
Joining in

Our Netflix app won’t load. We just get the logo and then a black empty screen. 

it worked fine and we’ve already tried restoring factory settings but same issue. No connection issues as we’ve tested this via Netflix error menu that loaded. Netflix works fine on our other devices (connected to same wifi network as our tv box). Can anyone suggest any fixes? We’ve tried the usual resets, factory restore etc..

24 REPLIES 24

Hey @Nedd,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, did any of the advise above help at all with regards to this?

Joe

Unfortunately no it didn't Joe

Netflix won't run on any device when connected to our Wifi - disconnect and Netflix instantly opens and streams without issue.

Virgin have been helpful - including sending a service engineer who replaced various items but again was unable to rectify it.

Seems an unusual problem to have but judging by this forum it's certainly not unique to me

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello Nedd.

Thanks for replying.

This is very strange and I would like to investigate the Netflix issue and look at way to fix this for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for your time today Nedd.

Glad to hear your Netflix issue has now been resolved.

If you need anything else please pop back on here and we can try our best again.

Gareth_L

Many thanks Gareth - Netflix on in the background as I type 😀

For anyone stumbling across this thread when googling a solution this is how Gareth described the fix:

"On our hubs and broadband we have a feature called websafe, This basically blocks adult related content on the Wifi service for any device that is connected.

Although not necessarily this should affect Netflix as there is some shows that are not adult related.

I reset that and also checked your Wifi channels. Which was showing a bit of congestion with the devices connected"

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.