cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix won’t load

Shughes1990
Joining in

Our Netflix app won’t load. We just get the logo and then a black empty screen. 

it worked fine and we’ve already tried restoring factory settings but same issue. No connection issues as we’ve tested this via Netflix error menu that loaded. Netflix works fine on our other devices (connected to same wifi network as our tv box). Can anyone suggest any fixes? We’ve tried the usual resets, factory restore etc..

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @Shughes1990 thanks for your reply.

Okay that is strange, it obviously seems linked to your broadband connection in that case.
Can you please try a full factory reset as advised here to see if this works?

It will reset your WiFi name back to default if you have amended this - please keep us updated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom. I tried this before but it didn’t work. Tried again just now for good measure. Netflix app loads but again, no details or images on screen (same as my mobile app when connected to virgin broadband). The search function doesn’t show titles I know exist on Netflix. It’s just totally unusable. 

Is there some sort of privacy or security setting block Netflix? It worked fine up until we came back from holiday (we had turned our box and broadband off at the socket while away). Has there been a new software update that could cause this? So confusing with all other streaming apps working fine so obviously not a connection issue but definitely seem to be something to do with the broadband as it works okay on 4G…

Hi @Shughes1990 thanks for your reply.

It is a strange one, and we're attempting to get to the bottom of this. I have asked a colleague behind the scenes for further help with this, as soon as I'm in a position to provide more assistance I will update further here!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Great. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing back. 

You're welcome - we'll be back in touch!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi. 

Any update on this? We’ve not had any access to Netflix for nearly 4 weeks now…

Stephen 

Thanks for coming back to us @Shughes1990.

I'll touch base with my colleague to see if any updates are available, so we can report back to you.

Apologies for the time this has taken, and we appreciate your patience.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi. Can someone give me an update please? Been weeks now since being able to use Netflix. Is there some way of speeding things up or getting help elsewhere? 

Hi Shughes1990,

I've checked with my colleague and he is still chasing this one for you, will let you know when there has been an update.

Alex_Rm

Nedd
Tuning in

Any joy with this Shughes? I have the exact same issue!

I've tried virtually every conceivable fix, twice, still no joy - Virgin have been helpful, I've even had an engineer at the house who changed some cabling and connections but still no joy.