cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I get Virgin Media?

colinreid
On our wavelength

Hey all.

Hope all is well.  As the title states I am currently with BT / Openreach and have been stuck with 60mbps (FTTC / copper) for over a year and a half now and it's driving me crazy because I used to have Virgin Media (400mbps down) at my parents house and can already tell a huge impact on what I used to do and plus I am a Twitch affiliate streamer so this would help a bunch for my streaming.

So really I was wondering when Virgin Media (FTTP) might be getting installed in my area which is in Anderson Court, Wishaw. I could give you the rest of the details by DM if may be. If anyone could look into this that would be great!

Kind regards

Colin,

10 REPLIES 10

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can also find when Openreach will be upgrading your service to FTTP, with the postcode checker on their website. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colinreid

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Our postcode checker can be found here to see if we can service your area, if not you can also register your interest via here.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

colinreid
On our wavelength

yeah..I check that now and again and still nothing..

keasy
Superfast

I reckon you'll have a wait on your hands to get VM FTTP in Wishaw. I'd there not DOCSIS/ VM copper in your place?

I used to live not far from where you are at West Thornlie, I thought VM were all over wishaw and you're pretty central.

Hello colinreid.

If I can take some details from you by private message.

I can pass this on to our Expansion Team  to see if we have any plans to get your address set up.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth.

I have sent you a reply and sorry I don't really check this often..But yeah if you could chase this up for me that would be great because FTTC / Openreach is terrible..

Kind regards

Colin, 

Gone are the days when we thought we were kings by having 1.8mb download speed....😂

Hopefully you get sorted mate👍

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Ha! Thanks man, doubt it but me too.

Colin,

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cleland Road is cabled outside your estate. However, it is legacy 1990s HFC build & if your estate did not exist at the time there will be no spare capacity to expand this type of network.

So to expand to your estate would require fibre overbuild. A huge expense for a small estate, as it would require further infrastructure changes in other local roads.

The other fly in the ointment is whether the estate is local authority adopted. If it’s still in private hands you have no chance anyway, as there would be further extensive wayleave costs involved. Basically every resident would have to give permission for VM to install infrastructure, whether they are taking the service or not.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks