cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop in upload speeds

MartinFl16
Tuning in

Hi,

I've seen a massive drop off in my upload speed in the last few days. Normally I hit around 50-55 but I getting anything from 0.5-6 now. For what I use my broadband for I need at least 20-25

When I check on the Virgin Media help page for my postcode it says there are no problems but then when I do the test it recomemends it says that there is a problem and techs are working on it. Theres no mention of if its logged, any call ref etc

I've tried the suggested steps, resetting router etc but no luck

Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been experiencing a drop in upload speed which you rely on and need to be around 20 to 25 for what you do, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is an SNR fault (Signal to Noise Ratio) You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working to resolve this ASAP, apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea how long this will take to get fixed? Do you have a reference number for the fault in case I need to chase? Is there anything I can do to help speed the fix along

I can't work properly until it's resolved. 

Thanks 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Strange that you didn't get a reference?  Normally the VM Mod's will give a Reference Number and an estimated fix time.  Note these dates are generally fluid ....    Nothing much you can do apart from chase up a Reference number.

If an extended fix is a work issue, consider a 4g/5g 30 day contract.  I believe 3 do a 30 day 5G wifi/ethernet router for £25

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @MartinFl16, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry that you're SNR issue is still ongoing and for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  The current estimated fix time for this is 9:25am on 4th January 2023.  Please do get back to us if you require any further information?

Regards

Lee_R

Still have this fault.....been promised fixes on 5 different dates. Tried to get through on the phone, but it loops you around the menu. Had to spam the keypad until the bot gave up and put me through to a real person.

Spoke to someone in customer support who was supposed to arrange a call back to me within 48 hourts to discuss........That was on the 10th......its now the 14th and no call. Promisied service credit by webchat, then free month, then told not eligable by CS person. Mentioned about promises webchat made and told 'thats a training issue'. It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

Is anyone able to find out whats going on here!? Will I get called back, will my problems get fixed?

C-1001231383 for the call back and C-301222970 for the actual faults. 

Thanks for the update @MartinFl16 on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue in the area regarding the broadband 😞
I've had a look and this SNR fault (signal to noise ratio) issue has been pushed back until tomorrow, January 18th 2023 at 9am.
Faults may be delayed due to the nature of the issue and the extensive requirements for the fault to be fixed as SNR's are a tricky case.

Regarding the complaint, we only advise to open one as multiple complaints may cause the process delay and backlogs to be closed.
May I ask if you have had any update regarding the complaints?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi IIyas

No, Ive heard nothing. I've supposedly been singed up to the text service 3 times and nothing at all

Also, my complaint has been marked as resolved on the portal, despite having no call back as promised. 

Are you able to check the notes on the call to see why this is.

I'm sure you can understand my frustration now as this is the 7th date of repair I've been given. Now up to 26 days with this issue 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey MartinFl16, thanks for your reply back.
Sorry to see you haven't heard back from the team about this outage affecting you, from our checks it seems the fix estimated time has moved to Tue. 24/1 at 9am.
Apologies for this delay, SNR is quite tricky to locate, isolate and eventually fix however our engineers are working their best to fix it - we do believe this will be done by next week.

Regarding your complaint case now, based on our records you must have had an email to advise on the case and provide details about our actions taken to resolve.
We appreciate the frustration in case this feedback has not reached you either, also once the outage in your area has cleared we'll be able to review this further for you knowing the date the fault has resolved.

Let us know if you have more questions or concerns about the above, happy to advise.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs