cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will my addresses be live?

turnercft
Tuning in

Hi,

Virgin media laid their cables on my street before Christmas and the engineer said it would be available in a few weeks. However, the website says it is still unavailable and the sales staff on the phone have advised it is due but can't advise when. I'm not sure if some more cabinets are needed but as I say it was a good few months since the cables were laid. Is anyone able to give me a clearer idea when the service will available?

Many thanks,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Hello,

In our street, orders opened about 1 month after the RFoG micro fibre tubes and service hatches were installed.

At the boundary of your property is there a service hatch that looks anything like the photos below ?

If there is, the service availability data may need to be updated.

Client62_2-1673871839259.pngClient62_0-1674067252179.png

Hi,

There are no such hatches. I think they're using bt ducts as the engineer said they're running the cables all round the estate (a few streets, 50 ish houses). I assume they pulled their cables through the existing bt ducts. The engineer seemed to indicate some cabinets were needed but no sign of them all these months later. They dug some new trenches/ ducts which I'm speculating will connect the nynex ducts in the older section of my estate to the new bit where I live but this is a guess! In the older bit, virgin is available. When I managed to speak to someone on the sales line, they did say my address is planned but cant be anymore specific about timescales. Can your advise any fudther?

Hi turnercft,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to here our services aren't available to you, so I can help and look further into this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi turnercft,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for the information provided, as advised a member of the team will contact you ASAP, generally withing 10 working days., if you need anything else in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

turnercft
Tuning in

I've messaged Paul who has kindly agreed to try again as I've yet to hear from the team.

turnercft
Tuning in

After more than 3 months, numerous requests and reminders, I have finally been told that after some small works having been completed, not further work is planned for the foreseeable.  This isn't what the engineers at the time said but never mind. I now have an answer and will look elsewhere. My observation is that Virgin are highly disorganised, unreliable and incapable of communication either with potential customers or internally with their own staff and engineers.

Stephen93
Up to speed

We have the ducts shown in the photos earlier in the post, Virgin finished nearly 3 months ago, several grey cabinets installed with black tape around them, saw a Virgin Media van 2 days ago driving round the estate & stopping in a few places, didn’t have chance to talk to them, hope this is a sign things will start moving.