cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ordered VM on 11 Oct. Engineer did not arrive on 23 Oct to fit. Impossible to contact VM

Blueboybrian
Joining in

Have sat four hours on WhatsApp and listening to music on a phone hold. It's literally impossible to report and issue or get any help from VM. I have no equipment and no engineer has been but my monthly bill has been sent. Unbelievable.  

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Were you expecting a VM tech to connect to an existing VM cable at your home or have you had to get a newly-installed VM cable from the street to your home?

In the case of a brand new installation, VM should not be charging you anything until your service is up and running.

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Stephen93
Up to speed

I ordered VM on 9/10 was supposed to be installed on 20/10 got an email on the 17/10 to say it had been delayed to 8/11 as some further work needed outside didn’t say what, one of the VM mods made enqs., found out they’ve got to do a hard dig to do the re-pull, I can’t see where as the tee it at the edge of the lawn then a concrete path then the bungalow, days are going by now less than 2 weeks no one has been to do the re-pull, can’t see it happening after reading previous posts about delays, what gets me is that a house just across from me has had an install & are up & running, there situation is as mine lawn then concrete path, what do they mead “hard dig”?

I never even got a cancellation. We have Virgin pre installed but I needed the engineers to move the wire. They are almost impossible to communicate with. Waiting on hold for 40 mins in a call at the minute. 🤬

Are you speaking to the pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734? (They may not be any better/quicker than the other VM numbers but you could try them if you have not done so already).

If VM failed to turn up to an appointment, without giving you 24 hours notice, that is a missed appointment credit to you of £29.15

Hi Bluboybrian,

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear about the issue you've had contacting the team. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks like you have now been able to speak with them. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

^Martin