johnasimmons
Superfast

anyone know how to rename a wifi pod as ive done them to the wrong room

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @johnasimmons 

You can rename your pods via the Virgin Media Connect App. You click on the pod you wish to rename, click on the current name and then you will presented with the options select a new location/name.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @johnasimmons 

You can rename your pods via the Virgin Media Connect App. You click on the pod you wish to rename, click on the current name and then you will presented with the options select a new location/name.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

cheers!

This functionality doesn’t seem to exist in the app anymore. Is there a different way to rename the WiFi pods?

Hi there @Stefanknight 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you have not been able to change the names of the Pod's, what happens when you try via the Connect App? 

From the Home screen I click on the pod I want to rename and get taken to a "Connection status" screen where there is no option to rename anything.  There is no option to rename the pods on the Home screen either.

Hi @Stefanknight, thank you for your response.

Have you updated the Connect app to the latest version? Advice on how to do so can be found here

Regards,
Daniel

Yes. I have automatic app updates turned on so I always get the latest versions installed. 

Hi @Stefanknight thanks for your reply.

Can you advise please what make and model of handset you're using for the app, are you able to try another device too to see if this helps?

Many thanks

Tom_W