cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red light on virgin media hub

retep57
Tuning in

my vm hub is showing a constant red light instead of the normal white light having tried 3 or 4 times disconnecting the power cable to reset the hub the red light still appears although i have internet connection it worries me  that vm say there is no issues the can find when they do a systems check fron there end and the hub does not feel hot at all i have had this hub for many years without any issues like this, can you help me.

74 REPLIES 74

Hey OkiGirl, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your hub.

Please do try these these steps for me;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

I will send you a DM now.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

johnstainthorpe
On our wavelength

I'm currently having the same issue, all virgins checks come back as no issues. I'm wondering if I should turn it off at night in case its getting hot. Its cold to touch and virgin did a reset, but the lights still there.

RonV64
Joining in

Hi,

Having the same issue - red light on router for weeks. Service intermittent despite new WIFI Pod being received.

Router location is well ventilated, hard reset completed and eveything turned off and router rebooted.

Still constant red light, would like a new hub or an engineer visit. Please advise.

Hello RonV64,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are also experiencing the red light on your hub
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange an engineers visit to swap the hub.

In the meantime can you ensure the hub is well ventilated and away from any direct source of heat
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello RonV64.

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment on your preferred day. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit let me know. I have also advised the date and time by a private message
Gareth_L