cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream Levels Check

AJ400
Joining in

I have had 2 engineer visits recently to try and correct intermittent wifi. None of which have worked  I keep being disconnected and having to pin hole reset 1-2 times a day. Are these levels OK

Screenshot_20240426_174947_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_174937_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_174925_Chrome.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Signal levels are fine.   What may not be are VM default choice of Wi-Fi for a Hub 3,  use of Wireless Optimization and /or Auto Channel(s) causes random dropouts of the Wi-Fi ( during channel changes ) that can last 10s+ long enough to drop Zoom / VPN / Streaming TV.

Do invest in a Wi-Fi Mesh or similar if lack of Wi-Fi signal coverage in the home is the real issue here.

Try this for a more stable Hub 3 Wi-Fi : 

Client62_0-1689525728997.png

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AJ400 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the broadband.

We can see from doing system checks that you have been using your own systems. 

Can you currently go back to router mode and leave for 24hrs in order for the data to be built up on our system and we can run further checks. 

You can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here: https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill