cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps cutting out

berlin433
Joining in

My wifi keeps cutting out a lot, is this because it gets turned off every night? I’ve looked it up and I’ve seen mixed responses saying you should keep it on and it being fine to turn off. Does anyone else get this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @berlin433,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your internet, we would advise keeping the Hub on at all times, this is because it often performs updates during the night so when it is turned off it might not always update when needed. We would ask that you keep it turned on overnight and monitor the connect, we would also advise running regular checks on our website here to see if you are affected by any outages.

Cheers. Joe

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As advised - leaving on is best, but.....

Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello berlin433.

It's been a few days since we last replied to your post. 

Can you please let me know if you still need help with the connection issues?

Gareth_L