VM Connect App on IOS has recorded excessive Hub3 latency

horseman
Alessandro Volta

Hub3: v10 hardware, NMS loaded software v9.1.2208.100

IOS; 16.2 on iPad Pro 4th gen and also 1st gen Pro

VMConnect: v12.32.7

Here’s a screen shot:

IMG_2063.PNG

Please advise what extra detail/process you require when performing further Factory Resets,Power Refreshes , and App re-installs?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
72 REPLIES 72

@horseman wrote:..>…Rang “Mihlali”  @14:17 to remind her still waiting for callback after 5 days from Level2?  When she asked me to repeat problem I simply referred to thread subject and suggested she read further detail recorded by “Mae”. Agent refused to forward me to supervisor as they apparently:  “are not authorised to use phones”! :p. So now raising complaint: C-2003231417…….

As 1day of 7 (or) 28  complaint and Hub 3 still has Connectivity of 8 devices and SK/RealSpeed displays NO EXCESSIVE LATENCY/JITTER!. However VMCONNECT displays consistent excess latency/jitter…..  

I haven’t included these daily results (BUT HAVE THESE DIAGNOSTICS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST) so as not to confuse Complaint process investigation.

It is also necessary to refer to my main thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/BN3-7N-Updates-Mon-13th-assume-1GBps-upgrad...

which I believe over many months (which again has daily diags available on request) displays many protracted Hub3 resource constraints that have resulted in failure of VM/FT to reply. 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

We can see the complaint is with the team and they will respond as soon as possible horseman.

Rob

@Robert_P wrote:

We can see the complaint is with the team and they will respond as soon as possible horseman…..Rob

Thanks Rob

sorry for any perceived delay but I had a reply last Tues which left me in hysterics and somewhat confused as to what thread they were replying to?

I’ve posted their reply (redacting personal details to conform with forum t&c’s) and will give them till end of this week to re-read this thread in it’s entirety and hopefully reply in correct diagnostic context!

In meantime perhaps you could kindly give them a “nudge” as I don’t want to repeatedly embarrass them in public fora…..  😛

+——————first reply from complaints———————+

Customer account number: 40*****002

Complaint reference: C-2003231417

Hello Tony Will-not-tolerate-fools-gladly,

We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn't want to delay things, so we've

gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here's a quick recap

Your complaint was:

Broadband -> Faults -> Delay in fixing my problem

We've looked into it and here's what we found:

Mr. Withering-Patience, we understand that you are contacting us regarding your broadband intermittent/slow speed issues. We regret to know that you are experiencing unpleasant connectivity

issues and we completely understand how important our services are for you especially now

when most of us are working from home.We apologize for all the inconvenience caused to

you. We appreciate the tenure and spend of our customers to deliver the right outcome for

the customer and business. We have checked your account and found no area outages to

affect your service.

We would like to inform you that there are many reasons your Internet connection might

appear slow/intermittent. It could be a problem with your modem or router, Wi-Fi signal, signal strength on your cable line.Only after the troubleshooting is done it will help us to find

out the cause. Therefore, we would kindly request you to contact our technical support on

the below mentioned number or through web chat so they can run some diagnostics and get

to the core of the issue or even send a technician to visit your property.

If you want to discuss more on this, please feel free to call our customer care on the below

mentioned number, we will be happy to assist you.

+=======-====end of VM reply======================+

Rob, If you need further clarification please respond. Thanks

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Horsey, send that to Which? - one of their researchers might well get in touch with you after smelling some fun to be had.  Why should you be the only one having fun?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@Sephiroth wrote:

Horsey, send that to Which? - one of their researchers might well get in touch with you after smelling some fun to be had.  Why should you be the only one having fun?

Good idea and coincidentally Which sent me a survey a couple of days ago which I returned yesterday but I think it’s both too early to get a response/follow-up yet and probably Which is already overwhelmed by many other VM complaints/reports!

Meantime I’m accused by VM management of trying to repeatedly “raise a stink” ……. 😛

Watch this space for either VM &/or more of my laboured “clarifications” Friday/weekend.!

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

What? VM accused you, a customer, of ‘raising a stink’?  If so, Which would love that. If I’ve understood you correctly, itvwasn’t even two fingers you got. 

btw, how’s the Connect app doing?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@Sephiroth wrote: …………………btw, how’s the Connect app doing?

Well all the daily (non VMC) diagnostics I use (and some/most  posted in this thread) simply confirm that Speed is always exceeding Hub3 250/25 Tier speed, and adequate (non excessive) latency/jitter results whereas, the VMConnect consistently displays Hub Latency/Jitter with (10x presumed FP? error).

No PM/DM from VM yet and if no reply before weekend then more fun to be had displaying ResolutionsTeam apparent inept diagnostic approach sufficient to generate more “smellies@virginmedia.co.uk” ?

NB: To be fair Complaints did emphasise it was a “quick reply”,  And the complaint would be left open for 28days, but I’m no longer feeling fair these days…… with the demonstratively incompetence of increasing number of VM/FT staff! 😞

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi horseman, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear of all the issues.

We're happy to best assist you, I will send you a PM soon so we can have a look into this and find any updates for your case.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Adri_G wrote:     Hi horseman, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear of all the issues.

We're happy to best assist you, I will send you a PM soon so we can have a look into this and find any updates for your case………………

Hi Adri,

PM replied…. Let me emphasise that the COMPLAINT refers to this thread and:

1. Is not INTERMITTENT.
  2. Does not result in SPEED issue(See SamKnows/RealSpeed posts).
  3. Has already been referred to 150 L1 who appear even more inept(won’t escalate to L2) than COMPLAINTS.
  4. Solely & CONSISTENTLY displayed ONLY in VirginMedia Connect  (iOS 15.x - 16.4) 2 on iPad Pro (4th & 1gen).

However I did provide a link to main thread that yields “potential resource constraints” with Hub3 and VM “network updates” covering previous year+. I suggest before you ask me to to perform a FR that you note my Hub3 firmware/software received a NMS push and L3 Networks will need to confirm that I WILL NOT LOSE CONNECTIVITY if NMS level is down graded by normal “CONFIG” (production DHCP) version?

Good Luck

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

@Adri_G   2nd PM (reply to yours) sent. Just off to Dr/A&E - probably 6hr wait let me know if you’ll also need my NHS/NI number, blood & urine sample…. I’m often taking the urine…… 

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED