cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 4 Speed Issues

vk2011
Tuning in

For the last week, ironically since BRSK have been kicking around my area. Dudley I am getting faster uploads than down. I am getting on average on a wired conneciton whether it be in router or modem mode to my Draytek Switch on average around 35 - 80 mb down and 90 - 95 up. I have a Gig contract. I work from home, and I am disabled. This is causing me a real headache. Any one else getting this. 

14 REPLIES 14

vk2011
Tuning in

This is madness. So connected via USB cable and tethered to my Samsung S21 on O2 5G I am now getting faster speeds than my 1Gig connection. Come on Virgin what is happening, at least tell me if there is an issue. You are just pusing me more towards going to BRSK for £30 and get pontentially 900mb upto a gig!!!!

Client62
Legend

Here are a few elements to consider ...

Faulty network cables can result in a Hub or Router / Switch de-rating from 1000 to 100Mb/s and that would have a small effect on the upstream but result in a large loss on the downstream.  You may be able to see the link speed in the Hub's connected devices menu or in a similar option of your Router.

Call 08001 561 0061 - see if a fault is reported for your street by the automated service.

Hub Signal Level Checks

Via http://192.168.0.1/ connect to the Hub in Router mode, do not login in, scroll down to "Check router status"     Use http://192.168.100.1/ for a Hub in Modem mode

Using the Hub's "Check router status" tabs check the Downstream and Upstream power levels are in spec.

( If already logged in to the Hub menu, the same info is available at : Advanced settings >>> Tools >>> Network status )

Downstream Power Levels of -7 to +7 dBmV are preferred, +10dBmV is the max acceptable, with a SNR of 33dB or higher across all DOCSIS 3.0 channels. Rising error counts across many channels is a current service noise fault.

Upstream
Power Levels of 35 to 49 dBmV are preferred, with QAM 64 Modulation mode across all four to six DOCSIS 3.0 channels.  Seeing QAM 32/16/QPSK is a current service noise fault.  Seeing less than four DOCSIS 3.0 channels is usually a signal level fault.

vk2011_0-1698929837917.png

vk2011_1-1698929877850.png

If I am reading your responce right it would look like a service fault due to the SNR(db) level. Also the power level is as high as 14.1 which may or may not be an issue, this is not my techncal area.

Client62
Legend

The 3.0 Downstream channel Power levels are all too high (exceeding 10dBmV - engineer to fix), 
the 3.0 Downstream SNR is fine (33dB and higher is good).

We would also expect there to see one 3.1 Downstream channel connected.

I have ran the gauntlet of trying to sort this all day but with no luck I will try again. 

vk2011
Tuning in

The 3.0 Downstream channel Power levels are all too high (exceeding 10dBmV - engineer to fix), 
the 3.0 Downstream SNR is fine (33dB and higher is good).

Can someone for the love of god please get in contact I have spent the entire day trying to speak to a human to literally just get this sorted. Nothing. Whatsapp is waste of time. Can someone please come back to me......

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a full set of stats. Full details below, no screen shots please. It will take 2 or 3 days for a response from VM. 

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

its doubtful power levels are the problem    

---------------------------------------------------------------