cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange hub light no broadband

heatherzeta
Joining in

Broadband is down, have tried resetting. Virgin test says no issue with connection but I have no broadband. Going round in circles trying to report it with app 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be a known issue .... So, the first thing is to check for any “known network faults - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @heatherzeta 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing 😔

How have things been since you posted? Also, has the advice provided by @jbrennand helped clarify the situation?

General advice on fixing internet problems can be found here

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi, broadband suddenly started working again after about four hours so suspect there was an external issue despite virgin saying that wasn’t the case. 

Sorry, meant to say thank you for your suggestions but I had already done all that - seems there was an external issue despite virgin saying that wasn’t the case as it suddenly came back on again about four hours later! Thank you for taking the time to reply to me though. H

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @heatherzeta,

Thank you for coming back to us on the Forums and keeping us updated on how your connection issue is doing!

Glad to hear that your connection came back on soon after and that it's all working for you. I've taken a look at our systems and there does seem to be an SNR (Signal Noise to Ratio) outage still impacting your local area.

The fault number is listed as F010704448 and the current listed estimated fix time is showing as 30/05/23 at 9am. 

If you're not experiencing any issues with your TV, broadband, or landline services, there's nothing to worry about. Let us know if you're having any other issues in the meantime, we're always happy to help.

Thank you! 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs