cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Property and Internet not working

Insatiable
Joining in

Hi,

I recently moved from a property where Virgin Internet was installed,I booked my move well i  advance and yesterday the engineer came to install the router on the new property. For some reason,the router did not connect to the Internet and the engineer gave up trying in the end.

He informed the appropriate team and later on called me and informed me that the issue has been escalated to the IT team and they will look i to it and that they will give me and update as soon as possible. It's been almost 36 hours and my Internet is still not working,it's incredibly difficult to get through to virgin helpline and I'm seriously frustrated as I need internet for my online teaching sessions and no one has bothered to look into the issue.

Is there anyway I can get through to the helpline as I keep on getting asked for the answer to my secret question which I updated on the app and for some unbelievable reason it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

As the system is not live you might try the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Installation snags can take quite some time to resolve especially if external cables need to be repaired.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and see if they know whats going on - and/or book a Tech install.

`A VM person should respond here soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

From what the engineer told me there's no need for external cables to be repaired and the issue is beyond his capacity. He mentioned that he will escalate it to IT and they will have to look into it and that they will contact me as soon as possible but for some reason haven't heard anything in 36 hrs now.

Just to check,roughly how long does it take for issues like this to be sorted as I'm in desperate need of internet due to my exam.

In case I don't hear anything,how do I cancel my virgin Internet package as I can't wait forever for this issue to be sorted.

Thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Insatiable 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the install delay and the impact it's having.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good evening @Insatiable 

Apologies I have received further clarification on this. Due to you being a XGS-PON customer, you have a ring-fenced team and not something we can assist with from here.

Please call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and you'll be guided to the team who can assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have tried my level best to contact on the helpline but haven't been able to get through to anyone after more than 15 tries. 

I keep on getting asked about the secret question which I updated on the app days ago and for some reason the system is not recognising the new secret question. It's not that I haven't tried but sadly Virgin helpline is the worst experience I've ever had with a helpline.

I need the internet for important work and now I have been without net for 3 days.

Hi @Insatiable 

Thanks for your message. 

Please do call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. This is because you're an XGS-PON customer who currently are managed by a ring-fenced team.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

This has been my most agonising experience on the helpline. I have just been forwarded to the 4th person and no one can help.

No one can even put me forward to the right person to cancel my package.

So long for customer satisfaction. 

Hey @Insatiable,

Sorry to hear this was still an issue and not being resolved, I can see after you posted this you spoke to our team again, were they able to handle this for you?

Joe