cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 now showing red light

LindaRD
Joining in

My Hub 3.0 has been showing an orange/red light since yesterday lunchtime. The Hub appears to be working fine, with no loss of internet, and is barely warm if anything to the touch.

I have checked service status online and gone through all advised procedures (turning off and resetting to factory settings) but the orange/red light remains.

Please advise - thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LindaRD 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'll send you a PM now to book in an engineer visit.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LindaRD 

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing the details so I can book the engineer in for the red light on the router. Thank you to @Adduxi for the help as well, greatly appreciated. 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•              The engineer diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•              The engineer discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•              The engineer discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The engineer will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please let us know how the visit goes or if you ever need further help, pop back to the community.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill