cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Loss Of Internet - SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

fatdaz
Joining in

I am getting repeated dropouts of internet connectivity throughout the day. When it occurs it impacts wired and wireless devices and it doesn't affect traffic between devices on my local network. The only thing which is impacted is connectivity to the internet. I comes back after a while (anything up to a couple of minutes) but it happens multiple times a day every day. I don't know exactly when it started occurring but it is definitely becoming more frequent.

I can see repeated error logs logged by the Superhub which always seem to start with a "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync" error. An extract from  the error log is below:

20/04/2023 17:36:52Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 17:36:33criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 17:36:32Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 17:36:27criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 16:43:57Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 16:43:43criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 16:41:37Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/04/2023 16:41:24criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @fatdaz,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue. From looking into the system I can see your Hub is in Modem mode, this limits the tests I am able to run for you, from what I can see everything is showing as correct. Have you performed diagnostics on your own equipment? If you would like us to review this further for you we would ask that you return the Hub to Router mode.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks. Joe

I have no issues communicating between any devices on my internal network the only time I get any issue is talking out to the internet. As I understand it the errors I am seeing logged on the hub relate to issues between the hub and your equipment so I'm struggling to understand why anything downstream of your hub should matter.

If I have to return the hub to router mode to progress this I can do so but this will then remove wireless access from a number of areas in the house. Before I go ahead and do that can I confirm whether this can be arranged at a specific time so I can limit the impact

When we run the checks on the service we do require any third party equipment to be removed and for the router to be in router mode so we can identify if the issue/fault lies with our own equipment.

Responses are not instant via the community forums unfortunately, so you might find it better to call to discuss so we can check the services in real time when you are available to do so. 

Alternatively, if you're happy to do so and wait a few days for us to test and respond, you can remove your 3rd party equipment and return your hub to router mode and we'll do the checks as soon as possible at our side. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley