cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone order on hold?

SRMD
On our wavelength

Hi, I ordered a phone today online via Live chat, the reason being my current contract is ending soon and I have smashed my phone and it is unusable, I looked everywhere even with my current provider but Virgin was the cheapest by far for an iPhone 14 pro max. After going through the whole live chat order which literally took over an hour due to the site crashing, he told me my phone would be delivered tomorrow and even asked me to confirm this, and great news since i have no phone! at the very end after passing the credit check etc.. my credit score is over 900, he then told me oh no, you have to wait for an email 24-72 hours and oh you have to wait for a phone call 24 hours, so why make me confirm delivery for tomorrow? If i don't have my phone tomorrow I will be cancelling my order

Anyone help?

Why can't we contact the back office team, it is stupid.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SRMD
On our wavelength

Just incase anyone comes across this thread because they're having the same issue here is your solution, I placed my order which was meant to be delivered next day at 12 this morning, it got put on hold.. still haven't heard from anyone or received any news and after reading the reviews online and phoning up I gave up, went on sky mobile applied for the same phone, the price was a few pound more a month and literally within 1 hour, i already have the DPD link for delivery tomorrow, in October I will also be canceling my tv & broadband and moving to Sky, Virgin does not care about you, bye

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SRMD,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your order for a Phone wasn't as straight forward as expected, when placing an order you first need to fill in the details sent by email, this is the contract agreement ands that you understand everything with it being a finacial agreement, once sent back this is picked up by the back office and order is placed, you will then receive confirmation including delivery time/ date, depending on what time the agreement is received it may be the next day delivery.

If a credit check doesn't find enough information this may place the order on hold why we do further checks.

Regards

Paul.

SRMD
On our wavelength

Hi Paul, I am yet to receive any email apart from one with my order reference? I have phoned up and told them if I do not receive the phone tomorrow I will cancel that and my tv broadband package as well.

You wouldn't receive the phone until the legal documents have been sent and returned signed, really sorry this has been delayed.

Regards

Paul.

SRMD
On our wavelength

Are you not able to check on this for me? Why have I not received the legal documents? this is all crazy to me.. first time I have used virgin mobile, last time I ordered a phone 2 years ago, I done everything online and had the DPD delivery email within 2 hours.. this is poor from Virgin and now possibly will lose a broadband and tv customer as well, not that they probably care..

Hi SRMD,

We are sorry we are unable to see the orders this side, you would need to speak to our Sales team on 0800 052 0238.

Regards

Paul.

SRMD
On our wavelength

Just tried calling and they are extremely rude WOW, do you have a UK line?

SRMD
On our wavelength

Wow after doing research it seems this is a very common issue from Virgin? how have i not received any legal documents or anything by now? Surely this can't be real? a multi billion pound company and they can't even get things right? I've phoned up and just keep being told to wait and to wait and they don't know how to contact the back office? this is ridiculous 

When credit checks are done and more information is need then the team will contact you if they require any further information, this is usually within 24 to 48 hours.

Regards

Paul.

SRMD
On our wavelength

I know, but why was i told at the beginning I would have the phone tomorrow? You obviously are at the point of not being able to help, nevermind hopefully you aren't being paid for this