cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didn't show

char_C07
Joining in

I had an engineer booked for Mon 22nd April (received messages stating this). I received a message saying he/she was on their way but they didn't show, no explanation, no contact since and I can't get anyone on the phone to discuss this. 

It was to fix the small brown box outside my home that hold all the cables. The box was smashed by children and cables are all loose. Very dangerous and my neighbour has complained to me. 

3 REPLIES 3

char_C07
Joining in

I had an engineer not show up and it's taken me weeks to try and get someone. Is there a direct tel number for engineer support? They actually messaged to say they were on their way, then didn't appear!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM should pay you compensation for the missed visit

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

although VM has a range of dodges to avoid paying (such as claiming no parking available, no access granted etc.)

There should be nothing dangerous in the box that would harm any children although you would understandably want to avoid little fingers getting in there and interfering with the connection.

Call 150 (free from a VM landline) or 0345 454 1111 (call costs may apply) to re-arrange if you still want it fixed. Alternatively, wait here for a reply from the VM forum team which should happen within a few days.

Hi @char_C07 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the engineer not coming to your home as booked, while we do not have a direct line for customers to reach out to them, we would need to look into this further. Please join me for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina