cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal issues

Angdan69
Tuning in

I received a renewal invite to renew at same cost of £45 per month with an 18 month contract, however when reviewing the contract it appears they had drastically cut my services to get the £45 per month, very sneaky!  I went onto an online chat who confirmed my renewal would in fact be £166.25 per month and after a very long conversation I was advised I was currently paying £92.32 (not true), it was then reduced to £76.75 and after more conversations via online chat and telephone calls reduced to approx £56.  I have decided to cancel with Virgin Media due to these stupid conversations every time the contract is up for renewal.

I think we need to highlight the measures they are going to get more money out of loyal customers (I have been a customer for almost 30 years).  New customers get treated better with much better deals.  Shame on Virgin!!

I will be very glad not to have these unnecessary conversations every year and be treated the way ALL customers should with another provider.  My advice would be to stay clear of Virgin Media as they are clearly out to rip existing customer off!!

I will be writing this review on as many review sites as I can to alert as many people as I can!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Angdan69,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your new package wasn't what you expected and that you have decided to cancel, this is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide, have you already gave your 30 days notice?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, I am also currently on a Whatsapp chat and been on for approx 2.5 hours (still waiting), the service is awful.  My friend renewed and got the same package as I am on and renewed cheaper than what I have been offered.

Hi Angdan69, 

Thanks for confirming that for us. We're glad the team on WhatsApp are on the case.

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Was on a whatsapp chat for more than 4 hours, got nowhere! Absolutely exasperated doesn't come near to explaining how I feel!

Hi Angdan69, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We're sorry that the WhatsApp chat was unhelpful. Let us take over on this one. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs