cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Termination of contract

nbcaldon
Superfast

I cancelled by snail mail and have received a letter saying when my services will be disconnected.

However, I have just received a bill for the next month which extends beyond the disconnection date.

So don't expect everything to happen automatically without problems.

This is why I am signed into the forums now and about to raise my own posting!

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The billing cycle continues as you have found.

After the disconnection date, a final bill is raised and any overpayment credited.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nbcaldon
Superfast

I have cancelled my contract and have confirmation that my services will be disconnected on 7th April 2023.

Today I have received a bill from Virgin Media for the period 30th March to 29th April for the full monthly amount which they say they will collect on 18th April.

Please can someone from Virgin Media sort this out and issue an amended bill before 18th April.

Ernie_C, I am not really surprised, just disgusted. Anyway, I now have a note in my diary to cancel the Direct Debit on 17th April if they have not amended my bill by then.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is perfectly normal billing and no correction is due.

Until your services are disconnected, your services remain live and billing continues - on the basis that you could reverse your cancellation and also incur charges. Once you are disconnected, a final bill will be issued with any credits/debits included.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/refund 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nbcaldon,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your billing after writing to cancel your services with us. 

We'll be sorry to see you go and I do apologise about any billing issues you're having at the moment. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see what happened.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just an update.  I have been assured by Paulina_Z that I should receive a Final Bill in the week after my disconnection.

My disconnection should have happened yesterday, so I will check in a week whether there is anything showing on my account.

Quickly checking this morning, my account does not seem to show anything about a disconnection, but let's not panic until next week.

Credit where credit is due. 

I checked this morning and a final bill has been raised on my account, so all looks like it is sorted.

It's good to see the system work properly.  Thanks, Virgin Media.

Its crazy the way they work their billing. I spoke to an advisor a month ago who told me I had a £3 refund due and I didnt need to send the equipment back as ive moved to an area that Virgin dont support. Today I get a bill for the following move, even though it says at the top that I have left them. I dont know any other company that does their bills like this. Dont they know there is a cost of living crisis going on and having to pay for 2 broadbands when I have moved house and they dont serve the area is appalling. 

How do they not know that the bill money is the difference between me having food or not. Theres no chance ill ever come back to them until they sort out their billing and do it like other companies do, but then having that money in their bank generates quite a bit of interest when all combined together. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lisaisawesome wrote:

Its crazy the way they work their billing. I spoke to an advisor a month ago who told me I had a £3 refund due and I didnt need to send the equipment back as ive moved to an area that Virgin dont support. Today I get a bill for the following move, even though it says at the top that I have left them. I dont know any other company that does their bills like this. Dont they know there is a cost of living crisis going on and having to pay for 2 broadbands when I have moved house and they dont serve the area is appalling. 

@Lisaisawesome 

Virgin continue to bill you as usual until your disconnection is complete. This helps to make sure your final month of service isn’t interrupted. You will therefore probably see charges that go beyond your disconnection date, normally because your cancellation date takes effect mid billing cycle. 

Once your services are fully disconnected VM recalculate what you’ve used (for example any PPV's or movie rentals, chargeable phone calls you may have made) and send an adjusted final bill detailing any credits you may have for the services you haven't  used.

Sky also continue to create bills prior to the actual disconnection date the same as VM

Charges for ending your Sky contract early help article.

Final bill

Sky payments are taken a month in advance, so you might still be billed for the full month ahead after your service has been cancelled.

But don’t worry, once your service has ended, any credit on your Sky account will be put back in your bank account after 45 days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali