cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalised by Virgin late payment fee for changing direct debit

clarek20
Joining in

Hi,

Like many other customers I changed my direct debit details recently and now I've got a double bill with a late payment charge as Virgin Media failed to take the payment. After receiving an email to confirm my direct debit had been setup I called to confirm and was reassured all was in order. I’ve submitted a complaint and as usual the response was pathetic. I'm furious, I've had no warning that they weren't going to take the payment and no warning that I would be charged if I didn't pay the charge. All they have sent is a bill for April with 2 monthly charges on and a late payment charge. It seems Virgin have been scamming many customers and penalising them for a fault with their system and it’s disgusting. Can other customers please recommend how they’ve approached the issue? 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @clarek20 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forum, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced issues with your direct debit. Was this changed close to the original bill draw day? 

Hi Ash

Thanks for your reply, I eventually sorted this out on the phone with one of your advisors who has submitted a complaint for me but I do believe there must be something wrong with Virgins system and taking direct debits as it makes no sense to me why the payments aren’t being taken!

Thanks,

Clare 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this clarek20,

I'm glad the matter has been resolved for you however many apologies for the delays in between.

Do pop back up to the team if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Kain