cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing mess up

Davinciman
Joining in

Hi

im posting this in here on behalf of my mother as shes not tech savvy and im not getting anywhere with the text help. i signed her up to a big bundle deal for £29.99 and had emails confirming this was going to be the price. her first bill came through and it was £161 with the full price applied which as you can imagine was a shock to her and me. we noticed after there had been other emails saying it was going to be full price but she didnt realise what as happening. ive tried putting in a complaint on the text chat but havent heard anything back and as you can imagine its causing an elderly woman a lot of stress and worry that im not happy about. i want this resolved and the original deal applied. can i get help on here

thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Davinciman

We're really sorry to hear of the issues experienced by your mother and the package costs, we appreciate the confusion and concern this is causing and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We're limited to the support we can offer in regards to packages via the forums, have you been able to view a breakdown of the original bill? This may be viewable here and may cover multiple months as the first bill and may also include any one off charges like installation and activation.

What does the contract received advise in regards to cost and discounts? Do the services match what was agreed tier wise?

If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob

Hi

thanks for replying. it  says the monthly bill is £65 but i cant see anything on discounts. its the packaga i ordered which was the big bundle which at the time was around £29.99. if i call the number will i be able to do it on her behalf as shes not able to do it?

thanks

Do you have power of attorney or know the security details? Would you be with her at the time of the call as she could pass security and then you could speak on her behalf?

Rob

I managed to call through and had security details. still hasnt been resolved as everyone i talked to couldnt resolve it. Its been sent higher to see if it can be sorted. apparently the discount was never applied to the new account. Not sure why thats so complicated.

thanks for the number and help 

Did the team advise why the discount couldn't be applied Davinciman? Do you know who this was escalated to and if it was raised as a complaint?

Rob

Hi

They just told me they couldn't raise it and someone higher needed to do it. I didnt get a name I barley got the conversation as it was cutting out all the time and it wasn't due to my end. I think it has been raised as a complaint as I had tried like I mentioned doing it through text and even the person in there could help me. All together that 2 separate conversation , 3 people, over a week and still no resolution. 

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us @Davinciman 

Sorry to hear the package and billing issues are still ongoing. I would like to help you raise a complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R