cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost TV channels after agreeing to renew for same package

janey55
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I am so disappointed. After having various issues with Virgin, I have notice to cancel all services. Keith from the Retentions team called me within a couple of days after this offering me the same package for a slightly cheaper price on an 18 months contract. TV, BB & phone bundle. I have sat down to watch TV and I have lost art the channels that I love! Sky Max, comedy, i just have basic Freeview channels. I have checked and I was on “Mix TV” and now I am on “Mixit TV”! I was told nothing would change!

They also arranged for an engineer to attend to look at the issues I have had with WiFi signal, cannot get signal in 2 out of 3 bedrooms (sounds like a big house but it really is not). One of the routers the engineer brought in didn’t even lower on. The engineer was not able to rectify the issues, telling me that’s just how it is, and that I would need to carry on using an extender that I had paid for myself or contact Customer Services where I would be charged for “pods” or be charged for a new router! 

I cancelled installation with another broadband provider and cancelled the day that I had booked off work because this seemed like the better option. I continue to encounter disappointment. 

Please can someone request a member of the Retentions team to call me as soon as possible. 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m afraid to say this is typical.

If you have any “no longer sold” legacy items in your package ANY change you make will put you on the nearest equivalent available.

Mix TV is one of these legacy items. It can no longer be added to new contracts so you get Mixit TV, which is what replaced it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

janey55
On our wavelength

Hi there,

Thank you for your response. Surely the Retentions team would have known this when getting me to agree to stay with Virgin? It’s modelling as far as I am concerned as I was told nothing would change and that I would be on the same package! Me agreeing to stay on the price agreed was for closure of my ongoing complaint also, so I am extremely upset and frustrated. 

Can someone arrange a callback from the Retentions team please? I have done enough “leg work” for want of a better phrase and feel that they should be reaching out to me at this stage! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@janey55 wrote:

Can someone arrange a callback from the Retentions team please? I have done enough “leg work” for want of a better phrase and feel that they should be reaching out to me at this stage! 

The forum team on here can often deal with billing queries, however...

1: Package change issues are outside their remit and need to be called-in

2: They are an online-team and will respond to you by forum posts and/or private messages - not by a return call.

If you want to speak to someone, I'm afraid to say you will need to call back. It may be worth looking at the TV channel guide yourself, to familiarise yourself with the current (and legacy) TV packages, and what channels are include in each. Look at the bottom of this page . The current tiers are Mixit (basic, broadly Freeview equivalent) and Maxit (top-tier, the only excluded channels are kids & premiums)

Edited to add that, without drawing this post into an all-out WiFi query (which is better placed in the wireless-section of this forum), Virgin supply your home with a broadband connection & a free router. The routers VM supply are not famed for their WiFi-performance, and you will often get far better results by supplying your own, and just using the VM router as a broadband modem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @janey55 

The majority of missing channels can be accessed by addition of  /Personal_Picks_Feb_2022.pdf 

I would suggest speaking to retentions and asking them to add one of those personal picks for free (normally £7 per month) since you were misinformed at the point of sale.

As you can see by the link they are grouped into Entertainment & Drama, Entertainment & Documentaries, Entertainment & Lifestyle, Entertainment & Sport Lite and Kids categories.

Sky Max appears in all the personal picks with the exception of the kids addon, however the Entertainment & Documentaries has a larger selection of channels available.

(edited twice due to typos)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your post @janey55,

If you're able to give our team a call on 0345 454 1111 or 150, and then provide us with an update, we will be on hand to assist further if this is required

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

janey55
On our wavelength

Than you Dave 😊 I have called the Retentions team who are arranging to have the calls listened to but have upgraded my package applying the appropriate credit for the time being.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @janey55 

I hope you get a suitable resolution.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @jane55, thanks for your post and that's great news - I'll pass your comments on!

Please let us know if you need any further help but if not, take care.

Many thanks

Tom_W