cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get any kind of decent Customer Service?

johnandrews1987
Tuning in

I'd like to share my recent experience with Virgin Media, which has been incredibly frustrating:

• Installation Trouble: Despite requesting a strong WiFi signal in my home office during installation, I cannot connect to WiFi there, severely impacting my work.

• Unkept Promises: Virgin Media promised a WiFi booster and engineer visit, the engineer agreed that the installation was in the wrong place but failed to resolve the issue.

• Missing Tracking Information: Promised tracking information for the WiFi booster was never provided, leaving me in the dark. Keep getting told the order is automatically cancelled, or never existed.

• Communication Issues: Dealing with their customer service has been chaotic, with inconsistent information and no resolution in sight.

• Endless Transfers: Multiple department transfers added to the inefficiency and frustration.

This experience has disrupted my work and daily life significantly. My aim in sharing this is to raise awareness and hope for better service in the future. How can I provide a speed test if I can't connect?

Consider this a word of caution if you're considering Virgin Media as a provider.

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

Sounds about the norm to be honest.

And to answer your question try at 8am when the lines open.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Johnandrews1987,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your dissatisfaction aired with with your recent experience, I am sorry this has caused  a lot of frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you as well as raise a complaint. 

I'll be happy to order your first WIFI Pod and keep you updated on the process including tracking information once it becomes available on our side.

I understand you mentioned the Hub was installed in the wrong place for maximum performance, would this be something you'd like us to rectify with an engineer visit to relocate the Hub? I am sorry this wasn't done on the visit at the time, but it needs to be scheduled under a specific appointment - Equipment relocations can't be done on general fault visits. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

What a load of nonsense - I've been onto your awful service again today for a total of 3.5 hours at this point. There is no record of WiFi Pods being ordered. Every time I go on I have to explain the same situation again and again. It is absolutely useless and totally infuriating. I also received a totally nonsensical response to a complaint I raised that outlines no resolution.

Yes the Hub needs to be relocated or else I need to cancel my account.

I am sorry you feel this way but as my colleague mentioned has mentioned we would be happy to look into this and get a pod ordered for you.

With the moving of a hub there is a charge for this (£25) but we can look at all this for you has mentioned please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

paying for Virgin's incompetence in installing the hub in the wrong place (that was agreed by an engineer on a follow up visit) isn't that appealing to be honest. Especially considering the extra expenses I have already incurred not being able to work from home, and time spent talking to unhelpful customer service agents. I deeply regret ever engaging Virgin Media and a quick look on this forum, and your OFCOM investigation suggests I am far from the only one.

I will send you a PM and we can look at resolving this for you, please look out for my PM. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Absolutely crooks - all my complaints are marked as closed! Nothing has been resolved and I've been charged extra this month.