cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File default

Lellison
Tuning in

Hi Steven,

I've had a credit application declined yesterday for a mortgage due to an incorrect default placed on my account by Virgin Media. I've confirmed with Virgin and the debt collectors they sent that the account is actually zero balance.

I have already emailed the creditfileamendments team as above. However, I am currently at risk of losing my property purchase unless this can be resolved in the next day or so! It is urgent that this email is escalated as the 21-day waiting period is too long and the ramifications to my personal and financial life are happening presently. I have already lost a lower interest rate due to the delays on this.

Any help in expediting this process would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure you can sympathise that it has been quite stressful to potentially lose our future home over a credit file error.

Thank you for your time,

Luke

8 REPLIES 8

Lellison
Tuning in

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to us on our Community Forums @Mutey23, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the error with the credit file and would be happy to see if I can assist with having this rectified for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David,

I am in a similar situation to the above. I've had a credit application declined yesterday for a mortgage due to an incorrect default placed on my account by Virgin Media. I've confirmed with Virgin and the debt collectors they sent that the account is actually zero balance.

I have already emailed the creditfileamendments team as above. However I am currently at risk of losing my property purchase unless this can resolved in the next day or so! It is urgent that this email is escalated as the 21 day waiting period is too long and the ramifications to my personal and financial life are happening presently. I have already lost a lower interest rate due to the delays on this.

Any help in expediting this process would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure you can sympathise that it has been quite stressful to potentially lose our future home over a credit file error.

Thank you for your time,

Luke

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lellison,

We are really sorry to hear your purchase is at risk, the credit reference agencies are updated each month, so this will be updated when we send the next monthly submission. It should then reflect on the customer's report within the next 4-6 weeks, we have no way of escalating this, apologies for any worry this is causing.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick response on the forum. Due to the urgency of the matter I've been on the phone to everyone I can contact. All of the credit agencies have told me the same thing: Virgin has a standard procedure for batch amendments to credit files of 4-6 weeks, however, this can be expedited to within 1-2 days for urgent matters called the "rapid amendment" procedure.
I'm sure you can sympathise that a mistake from Virgin here costing us a mortgage is quite a serious matter. We have already been financially and personally impacted by this and the situation will escalate drastically if this is resolved on the usual 4-6 week timeframe. If you can make any manager of the Credit File Amendments team aware of the matter I'm sure they will understand the potential legal ramifications and urgency of the situation.
I appreciate your help with this matter Paul, please let us how you get on.

Kind regards,
Luke

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In previous threads, the forum staff have advised there's no escalation process until the CFA inbox makes their decision - other users in similar predicaments have been told to wait.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Correct-credit-file-urgent-amendmen... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts,

In previous posts, people were contacted privately and were asked to send information about the case for escalation. 

Lellison
Tuning in

Dear Alex, would you be able to help me too? I'm in a very similar situation where I'm about to lose my home because my mortgage was declined because of virgin's wrong default on my credit score. I haave written evidence from the debt collectors and virgin acknowledging this is a mistake. I need a prompt response in the next day as I'll otherwise not be able to carry on with the purchase of my first home. 

Lellison
Tuning in

Dear Alex, would you be able to help me too? I'm in a very similar situation where I'm about to lose my home because my mortgage was declined because of virgin's wrong default on my credit score. I haave written evidence from the debt collectors and virgin acknowledging this is a mistake. I need a prompt response in the next day as I'll otherwise not be able to carry on with the purchase of my first home. 

Hi Lellison,

Thank you for reaching back out, I will be more than happy to have a closer look and make sure this has been sent to the Credit File Amendment Team, please look out for the white envelope to join a private chat.

Regards

Paul.