cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

spaceinvader1
Joining in

Had an email Monday offering a new deal as we're out of contract in Sept. Downloaded contract terms etc and went back next day to agree them but the link has disappeared. Spoke to customer service who couldn't see the ‘contract information sheet number’. Spoke to another woman who suggested the link was only open for 24 hours. The best she could offer was over £100/month over the email offer. I'd like to accept the offer if possible as we've enjoyed the Virgin service. If the renewal offer is over £100 extra we will be rejoining sky as we can't afford the extra charges.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi spaceinvader1

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that the link with the desired offer on is no longer working for you. What happens when you try to click the link now? Is the offer available from your My Offers section of My Virgin Media?

The offers you receive via email may be different to the ones we have available on our end, so that's why the agent wasn't able to match it at the time. Or it may have expired, however if you only received the offer on Monday, I can't imagine it will have expired already.

Let us know 😊

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi spaceinvader1

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that the link with the desired offer on is no longer working for you. What happens when you try to click the link now? Is the offer available from your My Offers section of My Virgin Media?

The offers you receive via email may be different to the ones we have available on our end, so that's why the agent wasn't able to match it at the time. Or it may have expired, however if you only received the offer on Monday, I can't imagine it will have expired already.

Let us know 😊

Beth

Hi Beth, unfortunately when I try to follow the link a page pops up saying ‘Oooops, something went wrong…’

The offer has disappeared completely. I was going to sign up to it today. I downloaded the contract sheet on Tuesday, printed it out and checked through it - I  always check contracts carefully - and decided that it was a good deal. I just wonder whether there's any chance that it still exists somewhere. I won't be signing up to the deal offered on the phone today which was £100 more than the one that's disappeared. 

I wouldn't mind but I’ve spent a week persuading a friend to sign up to Virginmedia as I’ve found it such a good service. 

On a brighter note I’ve been in contact with Sky again. I was with them for over 30 years (and before that with Cable northwest for 5 or 6 years). They are now willing to negotiate properly (after sending me emails every week for the last year). I moved all the broadband, TV and 6 mobile phones across to Virgin media 14 months ago. I've have to say I’ve really enjoyed the reliability of Virgin media and especially the broadband but there's no way I can afford to pay an extra £100 over the Monday’s email offer - especially with a houseful of people including 3 children. Reluctantly, I’ll be chatting to Sky next month to work out a deal for September (which is slightly more expensive than the one offered to me on Monday (and with much slower Broadband) but it does include 4 boxes (3 mini boxes) using Sky Q again. A pity as I’ve enjoyed VM and O2.

Cheers 

Nick

spaceinvader1
Joining in

Had an email Monday offering a new deal as we're out of contract in Sept. Downloaded contract terms etc and went back next day to agree them but the link has disappeared. Spoke to customer service who couldn't see the ‘contract information sheet number’. Spoke to another woman who suggested the link was only open for 24 hours. The best she could offer was over £100/month over the email offer. I'd like to accept the offer if possible as we've enjoyed the Virgin service. If the renewal offer is over £100 extra we will be rejoining sky as we can't afford the extra charges. I've also posted this on another part of the community forum.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Nick

There are a few other threads/posts on the forum where customers have been sent emails with 'early'  (the bold is my emphasis) renewal offers in error. It looks like yours may be one of them since your current discounted contract price isn't due to end until September.  The offer emails are normally sent out in the last 4 to 6 weeks of the customers contracted period.

Generally VM offer the best discounts/deal when the customer is in the last 30 days of their current contractas that's when you have the upper hand of being able to play the cancellation card.. If you were to cancel now and move to Sky (or any other provider) then you would need to pay early termination fees for the remainder of your current contract. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

I wouldn’t cancel Virgin until late August anyway as I’m aware that I’m under contract until September 23rd.

I wasn't looking for deals at the moment but this email offer came out of the blue from Virginmedia. I can't imagine that they'll better it in August and I just want to accept the offer they sent to me which would run from Sept 24th. The telephone lady offered a deal over £100/month extra.

I just thought that accepting the deal which was offered would mean that I wouldn't have to go through ritual of cancelling etc in August to get a decent deal. I did all this with Sky last year and it's quite time consuming but I am prepared to move to achieve the best deals. If Virgin were prepared to honour the deal which was offered - and I have the pre-contract terms etc - then this would save me quite a lot of hassle.

I don't understand why they would offer a deal and then not honour it unless it was a mistake or there's a hitch somewhere. Hopefully they will respond to this and honour the offer as I’ve found the Virgin Media set up to be very reliable.

Cheers 

Nick

Gosh, I found the renewal link was working late last night so I’ve clicked on it and ‘renewed’ my contract.
I have downloaded the ‘contract summary sheets’ as I did last time which shows a cheaper monthly price than last week. I have a different ‘contract summary sheet number’ but this time I’ve also had an email providing me with an ‘order reference number’ and an ‘activation date’.
The problem is I’m still not sure: when the new contract runs from; the date it ends; whether it's activated prior to Sept 23rd; whether TNT and Netflixis included (it looks like it but is this only until Sept 23rd and there's no mention of the extra boxes we have at the moment. I really could do to check these details with someone before the 14 days run out. The customer service people (abroad) don't seem to have access to these e-mail offers. Who do I contact? Any ideas?

I really would like to progress with this order if possible as I’m happy with the Virginmedia service so far.

Hi @spaceinvader1 👋.

Thanks for the update. Apologies this has not been resolved, we would need to bring you into a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina