cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Full Netflix? - To use Ch 204 in my package?

Paul_I
Superfast

I have added an image to show my current package deal -which include Netflix on Ch204 (standard)

However, like many others, I am paying £16 a month for the streaming channel via them. So if I was to cancel this, presumably I can continue to watch Netflix via my two V6 boxes (living room and bedroom) and save this £16 each month?

Thank in advance.

Paul.

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul_I,

Thanks for chatting with me and Nathan in our PM's, it's been a long and arduous journey, but we finally got to this point where we can say that everything that went wrong - Is now resolved! 

I am sorry again that it's taken so long, but I do hope you appreciated our help with this. 

Thanks so much for your amazing patience whilst we worked on things on our side.

Please let us know if you need any help in future, we are always here to help 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'd do a careful search and read of the forum for posts about Netflix before cancelling any personal Netflix subscription (and focus on the longest running threads to really get a feel).  For some people with Netflix inclusive deals it's all working fine, for many it's been a months-long Kafkaesque nightmare of the sort that only Virgin Media can achieve, I suspect resulting in a steady stream of complaints to Ofcom, Trading Standards, and CISAS.

You are of course paying twice if you've got it included in the contract and have a personal sub, but only you can decide if it makes sense to cancel that personal arrangement.

@Andrew-G wrote:

Snip.. 

but only you can decide if it makes sense to cancel that personal arrangement

…Snip

Hint, Andrew is absolutely correct but really, if Netflix is important to you, then don’t cancel your personal subscription otherwise ‘bad things’ will happen.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paul_I

Welcome back to the community forums. 

If you have a personal subscription with Netflix, then this would continue and be billed as normal. To access Netflix inclusive with your bundle, you sign in with your My Virgin Media details and thus would have a brand new profile separate from any existing personal subscriptions. 

You should have received an email to activate your Netflix account through us. Please let us know if you have not received this, or if you have any issues logging into Netflix with your My Virgin Media details.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@Carley_S

There was so much going on when sorting out my package - it took several weeks to complete - that if I did get an email about Netflix, I can't see it or accidentally deleted it.

I can log in to Netflix through the TV, using the TV remotes own button, or I can go to Ch204 and log in that way. Whichever method, it is the 4K package that opens up.

I have as far as I know, no activation email or different login associated to one.

Hi Paul_I, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

In order to activate Netflix, when logging in to My VM, there should be a Netflix tile. From here you should be able to activate the package. 

It's worth checking your email deleted folder in case you can locate the email in there too. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have 5 tiles - One for me, 1 for my daughter, 1 for my wife, 1 for children, and one for mobile. I have not cancelled Netflix with them so I guess its showing the 5 because I have Premium.

20220916_210611.jpg

Thanks for the reply @Paul_I.

Please sign in to MyVM here.
And on the app you will be able to see the 'Activate Netflix' option.
Once you click that it will redirect you to setting up Netflix as a Virgin Media inclusive bundle.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There is nothing within the app that even mentions Netflix, let alone activate it...

Thanks for confirming this @Paul_I, I think it would be best to check this further for you so I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules