cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change my contact number

slogess
Dialled in

Can’t seem to change my contact telephone number using the app or on the web MyVirginMedia I open account details click edit on the phone number input the correct number press save and just get a message saying sorry the changes you made were not saved please try again.

Any help would be appreciated.

221 REPLIES 221

@ArtemisBlack, It can take up to 24hrs for the change to sync on all platforms. I can however confirm on the system, the relevant changes have been made. Is there anything else we can help with today?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nope that should do it. Thanks.

No problem at all. Glad to have been able to help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

also trying to update my contact telephone number via VM account/account settings but it says 'error cannot be saved' or 'enter a valid 11-digit number' (which I had been doing)

I have tried different web browsers and clearing cache etc but nothing works. Can you help?

Hi there @Mag_Shark 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I'd be happy to take a look for you and see what we can do.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

RedHaze82
Tuning in

I'm seeing the exact same issue when trying to help my mum change her number on her account and checked my VM account too and it's same "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again" error message.

Hi RedHaze82,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues updating your contact information.

I've popped you over a private message so I can help (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi, could you help me with this too please?

Thanks for joining me over private message RedHaze82 🙂

Glad I was able to help!

Alex_Rm

Evening WiddaC,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're also having some trouble updating your details.

I've popped you over a private message so I can help (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm