cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade has changed TV package

--kyezer--
On our wavelength

I signed up to a contract in Jan 2023, which has 18 months to run; 350MB plus Maxit TV and phone line etc.  On Friday afternoon I get a text from Virgin offering me the change to upgrade my Broadband from 350MB to 500MB for an extra £4 a month (no changes to anything else).  I have been having issues with wifi speed etc so thought this would be worth trying.  I sign up via the link that was sent and then shortly after on 2 Feb get an email from the WebTeam at Virgin confirming the upgrade to the Broadband.  All good.....or so you would think.

Sunday evening I notice that a bunch of channels are now not available on the guide.  So I go on my emails and see the pre-contract information sent through that day.  It shows the 500MB broadband, the total price is correct but somehow they have changed my TV service from Maxit to Mixit; yes they have actually reduced my TV package.  Maxit had c.190, Mixit is about 110.

Now 1) I never asked for that, 2) it wasn't mentioned in the broadband upgrade and 3) wasn't mentioned in the email confirmation I received on 2 Feb.

I queried this with Virgin via their chat function - started at 3pm today.  It is now 7.18pm and having been passed to various different people in various different teams nobody can explain why my TV service has been changed. Some have said I need to take out a new contract at a higher cost, some have said Maxit is no longer available. Which is plainly false as I have a contract for it from Jan23 to Jul24.  I have even uploaded copies of the emails etc I have received.  I am still none the wiser and now have a second day with a lesser TV service than I am paying for.  

I really do wonder how on earth such a simple thing could be mixed up.  At this rate I think the only option is to tell them to cancel the incorrect contract they issued yesterday, go back to my 350mb service and live with slow wifi (I don't have the energy to argue for wifi pods at the moment).  

I know (from experience) their service is iffy but this reaches new heights.........any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18

Hosay299
Superfast

hi the wifi pods can be easy got do u have a volt on ur plan ??

there is also other extenders u could try from amazon 

--kyezer--
On our wavelength

8pm - the cut off time for chat with Virgin - and this is the last message.  "Thanks for all that information, as per checking here on my end just wait for 15 to 17 working days for the activation process, but no worries I will take note on this for you, our back-office team will be the one to activate your new contract since you ordered this 2nd of February 2024."  No idea what it is supposed to mean.  I'll get a good nights sleep, have a hearty breakfast in the morning and prepare for battle tomorrow - I think cancelling the spurious incorrect contract is the only way to go..

Yeah got Volt.  Every time I do a scan with the VM Connect app it says 'good' but in reality the signal is poor in areas I know this because we all have issues with lagging on games and Zoom calls/Teams etc so never says I am eligible for pods

Sorry, meant to add - don't want to buy an extender for a service that should be provided by Virgin.  I know extenders can be bought cheaply but the cost of Virgin isn't cheap

Ok i did ask but then found the option on my account appears after a while so i would do some more test in different area of ur place where u would use the deivces as i even did one in the shed by the house and the garge also garden room 

i would do the above then see what the staff on here say i would if u want to try again with chat but u could try whatsapp as then u can go about ur day inbeween

what is the issue u are getting in more detail please 

i am just about to full turn on my free pod so will let u know how i get on

Hosay299
Superfast

keep using the connect app for the test as that is what i did we have been with vm not that long and now have tv side 

find them better than noral isp as was with talktalk/

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maxit TV is now a legacy package, so any change to your package will replace it. However, the equivalent package is Mega TV, not Mixit TV. The only difference with Mega TV is the TNT Sports channels are no longer included.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Maxit may be legacy but I still had 6 months of my contract to go on it so I don't see how Virgin can remove it, that's breaking the contract. All I did was sign up for broadband upgrade yet they downgraded the TV element, when no TV changes were part of the broadband upgrade. It makes no sense why they did that.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey --kyezer--,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your new package at the moment. 

I have looked into this and the team have stated on your account notes that a new package has been created with the two parts of the package that you wanted 500MB and Mega TV, which is in place of MaxitTV, which can no longer be added to your account as a new package, you had it on your account as part of your package previously as it was the contracted package that you had but once your deal came to an end or as in this case took out a new package, you would no longer be able to take that package anymore. The new package can take up to 15 days to be added to your account but hopefully this can be done sooner for you. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L