cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

TanyaG
Joining in

Hi, 

I recently took up a new contract with virgin. When signing up it started that we would be charged from when we first plugged it in. We therefore waited until our old provider had run out, however, we have been charged from when the router was delivered. How can we rectify this please? 

Thanks ☺ 

4 REPLIES 4

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Ah, now when you signed up, was this over the phone, with a call centre agent who will promise anything and everything to ‘get the sale’ by any chance?

You were lied to! The contract starts from when you receive the kit, the assumption being that VM are so good that naturally, you would want to use them immediately! Who, right minded person wouldn’t?

Hypothetically, you ‘could’ go down the route of demanding a DSA request from VM and pursuing the formal complaints route. Often though life’s too short

As above, the Ts and Cs state that the chargeable service start date is "either the first date on which each service is available to you to use the services or the date we receive confirmation that your installation kit has been delivered, whichever is earlier." 

the services in your core package provided by us to you under this agreement,

which excludes any supplementary services, add-ons, non-bundle services, out-

of-allowance services (e.g. non-inclusive calls), admin charges or Virgin Media

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @TanyaG, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the bill. 😞
I will assist you on this and get this rectified.

I'll send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @TanyaG on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist and resolve this billing query you have.
As advised - all corrections will be found on the next bill once produced.
As always - feel free to reach out to us here and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs