cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing error and nowhere to complain

Davepanj
Joining in

After being with Virgin for many many years, we recently changed our package due to rising costs After speaking to the team we downgraded to just broadband for £34pm. We were then told that there were no further charges and infact due to the time we changed the next bill would only be £17. All of this was then confirmed in a follow up email from virgin. (See below)

Here's how your changes affect your next bill:Your next bill will be generated on 9th November 2023
Your next payment is due on 30th November 2023

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £34.00*.
Your next bill will be £17.13* which includes CR £16.87 to cover your changes up until your next bill period.

I have however had a £64dd taken out...

When I raised the complaint, the reply was almost bot-like spouting some nonsense about offers at different times only being valid bla bla bla.

It was verbally agreed and followed up with official correspondence from Virgin, so I do not accept that rubbish. I can accept a mistake, but if not a mistake I've been sold something under a lie which I will challenge legally.

I now appear to be having the same problems as you other poor souls, and I can't speak to a HUMAN person to raise the complaint.

Very very poor. I hope someone reads this and makes contact with me ASAP.

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Davepanj 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion caused with your billing. For clarity, when you mention downgrading, did you remove a service such as TV or Landline? When did you make the changes to your package?

Please be aware that if this is the case, then a 30-day notice period would apply, as per our Terms and Conditions, which you can read more about here.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

We removed the landline yes.

I'm sorry but it's not good enough telling me this AFTER I've been billed.

Your colleague on the phone said nothing about 30 days and confirmed the bill would be £17.13 - which was then confirmed in an email.

Was this a lie then? and have you tricked a customer into paying nearly £50 more on a bill??

I think you are on very dodgy ground here and will be contacting an ombudsman if this can't be resolved.

Roger123
Dialled in

Davepanj  Roger123 here. I read with interest your write-up. There is ONLY one way to deal with these lying, cheating, penny pinching **bleep**s TAKE THEM TO COURT! If you feel it necessary try doing this. In any event, I hope you get satisfaction to suit your requirements. Sorry, I have only just read your blog! All Good Wishes. Roger123

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Davepanj,

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to hear you feel this way. I can take a look into this and will pop you over a PM, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩👀
Thanks,
Zoie