cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Disconnected without warning and Customer Service cannot see account

ViviSol
Joining in

Hello.

Today I woke up to an email informing me that my Stream service had been cancelled, worded as if I had done it myself (I hadn't) leading me to worry that someone is interfering with my account.

Upon checking the Virgin Media app I saw the images attached which say my whole package has been disconnected. To be clear, neither myself, nor anyone else in my household has done this.Screenshot_20231107-132311.pngScreenshot_20231107-132309.png

I've just gotten off an hour and a half phone call with Virgin customer support which led, basically, nowhere.

They are saying that they cannot view my account because my memorable word is not present, despite my having previously used it numerous times over the two months it took to get the service installed. 

I logged into my account myself (no issues) and updated my password, security question and memorable word without issue. The customer service staff said they couldn't see any changes and couldn't help me.

My account is in credit, Virgin actually owed me money due to previous compensation applied to the account and no bill was due anyway, and I had zero problems the using my services the day before. 

It is staggering to me that I'm being told I need to wait for a physical letter to arrive before I can find out what is happening. I'm not going to be at home for a while and so this will drag on even longer as a result.

If someone here could please explain to me how and why my account could be disconnected without my permission and then fix the issue for me I would appreciate it.

Short Version:

* My account (Stream and Broadband) has been randomly disconnected by someone other than myself and I want to know why and for it to be fixed.

* Virgin customer support was unable to view my account page despite all security settings being set on my end

* I have previously used all services without issue, including memorable word and passwords

* I am in credit and have no billing issues.

2 REPLIES 2

ViviSol
Joining in

Update:

I rang back and got through to a different person who immediately explained what had happened (as part of an address correction issue they had closed my old account and opened a new, identical, one). This should be resolved when I get my next bill.

I am going to speculate that the first person I spoke to was only seeing the 'new' account, which I don't have access to yet, and thus was unable to verify my security details.

Stylesb
Joining in

I had the exact same thing not long ago and was terrible to resolve. Had a local agent promise me it would be resolved within 24 hours but then ghosted me. We had to have a whole new account set up which took days to sort and never even a hint at an apology or compensation.