cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Weekend free phone numbers

gerryatric10
On our wavelength

I have Talk Weekends in my package but is it free to call an 0800 number from my landline any day of the week please.

29 REPLIES 29

Thank you Vikki_M for finally making that clear. Help appreciated.

TALK MORE ANYTIME

Although I have this phone package I still do get charged for some premium charged numbers which do not seem to be included in the 60 free minutes.

extract from my bill

Calls above £0.50 - or your selected itemisation limit £1.61
Date Time Destination Number Duration Cost £ (ex-VAT)
Sun 31 Jul 10:05 Non Geo 08712xxxxxx  6:10 £1.61
Calls for [REMOVED] total (ex-VAT) £1.61

This is approx. 16p per minute. These are usually mail order catalogues which do not have alternative free numbers.

Where possible I order online to avoid charges, but some mail order companies are not online.

It is not clear in the VM every day call charges info why these calls are not included in the free 60 minutes, I think it is a service charge by the company you are ringing?

There may be other premium numbers that are still charged, is there a list of these premium numbers? and costs.

I presume 0800, 0808 numbers would be free for the first 60 minutes in my package.

alf28

Hi ALF28,

Thank you for your post. 

To confirm, have you been charged for call 01 numbers?

^Martin

landline talk more anytime- 60 mins free but some calls are charged for-can be confusing.

I have found my landline  package very good, as as I used to get massive phone bills using standard charges.

My normal calls including 01 calls are free up to 60 minutes, but charged after 60 mins unless you stop and redial.

I think the free 60 minutes  includes call to virgin and other mobiles.

After 60 minutes they will be charged.

As customer service calls can  last a long time these days often half an hour or more listening to music, it is best to avoid the charged ones or look for an alternative number or send an email instead or use a chat line.

I have checked the VM charges, 0870, 0845, 080 are included in my package but other 08,118,087,084, 09 numbers are not free and charged an access charge. It is confusing and the costs vary from £0.00 to £3.60 or a even a fixed cost up to £6 for 09 numbers.

Three digit numbers are free  such as 150, 111, 999  but  123 (time clock is still charged)

There is a guide by Offcom- which lists prices for these chargeable numbers.

All a bit confusing what is included in each package, have to read the small print in the VM every day call guide.

see

Call costs guide - Ofcom

010220_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf (virginmedia.com)

alf28

Thank you for that information. I am sorry but I am slightly confused with what it is you're asking of the community.

Can you please with 1 or 2 lines confirm exactly what it is you're looking for assistance with?

^Martin

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ALF28 

I have asked a moderator to edit the extract from your bill above as you have included your home number in the content. Oops!😧

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The only number beginning 087 that is included in your call package is 0870, so you have been charged for the number beginning 0871 (which is a premium number). You may be able to avoid premium numbers by checking alternatives using SAYNOTO0870.COM.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I am sorted now with the explanation from Roger Gooner thanks, and to use the alternative number website to avoid phone charges.

alf28

saving call costs.

I have used the say no to 0870 website and saved money on some calls 0871 which lasted over 10 minutes.

The free company phone numbers are not usually listed, obviously because they make money from premium numbers.

I usually do transactions/purchases online, but as the website was down, I had to ring up.

The free service numbers may have a message they can not be used for ordering, but I was offered to order goods.

Some companies do not have a website and only offer phone orders with premium numbers.

see

How much do 0871 numbers cost to call? - Number Supermarket

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @gerryatric10, thanks for reaching out to us.

Please check here for call costs with the landline.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs