cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting BT number to VM - New Contract

gilbo2
On our wavelength

I am considering taking out a new Broadband + Home Phone contract with VM, bringing over my current BT number. The online form allows me to request this at time of ordering, however, my preference is to start the porting process after my broadband is up and running. Can I therefore request to port over my BT number later, rather than at the time of signing up? If so, what is the process I need to follow?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gilbo2 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry for any confusion regarding your number port, as long a the number stays open with your previous provider then we are able to port this across after your service is installed. If you do have the line ready to disconnect with BT then we would recommend cancelling the disconnection so the line can stay active. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gilbo2 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry for any confusion regarding your number port, as long a the number stays open with your previous provider then we are able to port this across after your service is installed. If you do have the line ready to disconnect with BT then we would recommend cancelling the disconnection so the line can stay active. 

gilbo2
On our wavelength

Thank you, my number does not have a disconnect request on it, so that part should be good. Is there an online form I need to fill out to start the process from your side or do I need to phone up customer services?

Hey @gilbo2,

Thanks for getting back to us, with this you would just need to speak to any customer service representative and they would be able to process the request to add on your landline as an additional service for you, you can get this requested here.

Joe