cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone has never worked

TWhite1
Joining in

Started new contract with VM on 12/02/2024, since then home phone has never worked.  Prior to contract start date, text sent to me saying I was getting a new phone number.  No dialing tone and no calls in or out available.  Reported to CS (Priyanka) on 20/02/2024 and was told I was still to be connected to the old phone system (i.e. not internet phone line) until my switchover in March sometime?  Told, problem was being passed to technical department - as of today still nothing!!

Anyhow, would rather not have new VM phone number at this premises as old VM phone number would have sufficed.  Please could you investigate this issue and get back to me, Thank you.

Please kindly ensure that I get compensation for being without a home phone for at least one month.

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TWhite1 👋🏼 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 🧾

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the home phone when your contract started. 😢
May I ask if you are being assigned a new phone number or were you told that your home phone would be switched over to the new network?

Let us know and we can assist going forward from there. 😇

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi llyas,

Told I was getting a new home phone number by VM text to my mobile but, to be honest I would have been happier to have kept the old VM number already used at this address previously, if that is possible?  During a phone call to VMCS (Priyanka) on the 20/02/2024, I was informed that my home phone was still to remain on the old telephone system at present, until such time as my phone switchover takes place.

Thank you for your welcome to the community.

Best Regards,

TWhite1

Thanks for the reply @TWhite1 😇

Appreciate the clarification! 
Are you able to dial 174 from your landline and it will tell you your landline number.

Check which one it is and we can go on from there. 😄

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi llyas,

At present home phone has no dialing tone, so does not respond to any phoned numbers.  Phoned 174, just dead, no response.  Using my mobile phone, I phoned the old landline number and response is "The number you have called is not recognized".  Using my mobile phone, I phoned the new landline number previously texted to me by VM - rings at my mobile but, no response on the home landline.

Best Regards,

TWhite1

Thank you for the reply @TWhite1 on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I apologise to hear that this is still the situation of the home phone ever since you was given it.
I will assist further and take this privately. 🙏🏼

I will send a private message. 📩

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @TWhite1 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist and resolve the matter.
Turns out that the landline was on the digital side.

After placing the adapter in the "TEL 1" port - everything now works fine.

As advised - reach out to us for any other queries and we'll provide support where possible. 🧾🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi llyas,

All sorted, many thanks for all your assistance llyas it was very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

TWhite1