cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with receiving misdialled numbers

Nfrichards
Joining in

Hi

i have been given a new telephone as part of my volt package, I am now receiving lots of calls from people who are thinking that they are ringing a company. 

I have contacted virgin and they said that they would put something in place so I would no longer receive these calls but my phone log is getting full of these misdirected calls.

what can I do

18 REPLIES 18

Nfrichards
Joining in

Going to be interesting to see if the engineer recons that there is nothing wrong with the equipment, then it has to be with the telephone number that virgin media supplied, this never happened with my old telephone number so I’m wondering what happens then

Hi @Nfrichards,

Be sure to let us know how it goes and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Nfrichards
Joining in

Hi, the engineer visited and we googled the telephone number that I had been issued, Google returned multiple entries for a number of different business that are all showing the same telephone number that I have been allocated. I think that the best thing to do is virgin media to issue me with a new number.

Hi there @Nfrichards 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Thanks for letting us know about what the engineer advised, sorry this has still not been resolved 😔 I'll certainly be happy to assist with changing your number, I'll send a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nfrichards
Joining in

It is now coming up to 48 hours since I asked for the issue of a new number, please could I get a pm with what number I have been allocated, I want to type that number into google to see if it ha s previously been issued to a business

Hi 👋 Nfrichards - thank you for returning to keep this thread updated!

Sorry to hear you are still awaiting further updates from us. Sadly the community is not an instant response service and so response times can vary. The member of staff offering you support via PM will get back in touch with further updates as soon as they can! Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 
Wishing you all the best. 

Molly

Nfrichards
Joining in

Hi Molly

i was told that the issuing of a new phone number would take up to 48 hours, so that’s why I’m asking for an update on what phone number you have issued. I then want to search this number on the internet to see if it has been used by a business before I accept it. 
As you can appreciate I have had no land line number during the switch over so would like someone to get in touch asap

Thanks for coming back to us. 
We understand your current situation with the landline number. Our sincerest apologies for your experience, and for that previously when going through the switchover process. 

As already mentioned, the community forum is not an instant response service, and so response times can vary depending on staff working hours and availability. As you are already in a PM the member of staff supporting you with this is best placed to offer further help. They will be back in touch when possible with an update!

We thank you for your patience in the meantime. 🌞

Molly

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Nfrichards I'm glad to see this has now been resolved for you.

If you need any further help, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules