cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 5 - Withheld Number Allows

gazcallyt
Joining in

Evening All,

For years I have had a home phone that rejects withheld numbers, instead of paying Virgin £2 something a month to block for me, this has worked for years, even on the hub 4 with the landline direct to VOIP via the hub, since receiving my hub 5 yesterday, all withheld calls come through to the phone as an incoming call, If I temp plug the hub4 back in it works fine, something has certainly changed from one hub to another, anybody else come across this, or anybody at Virgin shed any light as to why ?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There have been a lot of topics on here recently about caller ID being mangled in some way when the phone is connected via the hub and the Hub 5 seems to have a raft of things wrong with it.

Which make/model of phone are you using? BT phones seem to have had a particular problem with no longer recognising withheld numbers just recently.

Are you saying your phone display shows the call as 'withheld' and fails to block it or does the display simply show 'incoming call' and not recognise the 'withheld' caller ID on the call?

Have you tried a different handset (borrowed from a friend, family member, neighbour if possible) to see if it is a phone-specific problem in conjunction with the Hub 5?

You probably won't get a reply from VM's forum team here in 'Community Natter' but a moderator or a VIP might move your topic to ‘Home Phone’ where a VM person should make a reply within a few days.

Cheers for that, it is a panasonic phone, and yes it fails to block and just shows as an incoming call.

So seems like a hub bug, good leverage to get Virgin to block with held for free until they release a fix, worth a shot.

Cheers

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey gazcallyt,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L